New ex-players (and managers) thread

He had to come in midway through a season which was already looking bad, with an unbalanced squad and little resources to change it. When he's more than a few months he's succeeded practically everywhere he's been.

I think he himself has admitted he made a number of mistakes. I think he was, plainly speaking, completely unsuitable for the job (which admittedly was an extremely difficult one at that stage).

I'm not so sure that Holloway was as successful at other clubs as is commonly believed. I think he gets away with a very mediocre managerial record by all of his antics and shtick.

Alan Sheehan signs for Luton. He's only 29, seems like he's been around forever.

Cian Bolger signs for Vardy's alma mater.

Pearson favourite to take over at the sheep...

Surely not...

P6090406.JPG

Pearson confirmed at Derby, with Chris Powell as his assistant. Great move for them. I know he had off the field problems but Pearson was a very good manager for us and I'm surprised it's taken so long for someone to get him.

Villa have missed out.... can't decide if I'm glad at that or not considering he's gone to Derby! Probably prefer Derby to Villa these days though

Pearson confirmed at Derby, with Chris Powell as his assistant. Great move for them. I know he had off the field problems but Pearson was a very good manager for us and I'm surprised it's taken so long for someone to get him.

Villa have missed out.... can't decide if I'm glad at that or not considering he's gone to Derby! Probably prefer Derby to Villa these days though

Do Clubs ever ask for the equivalent of a reference from their last club? Top and Vichai may not have been prepared to say nice things about him.

Odds on James Pearson getting a contract at Derby?? ;)

I'd have actually much preferred him to go to Villa - not to the SHEEP SHAGGERS!!!!

Either way, I'll be rooting for him and Powell - top class the both of em.

I'd have actually much preferred him to go to Villa - not to the SHEEP SHAGGERS!!!!

Either way, I'll be rooting for him and Powell - top class the both of em.

Perverse it may be, but I'd love a few local struggling East Midlands teams with us in the Prem. Stoke and West Brom as "local" derbies don't cut it for me, though the possibility of Wednesday being good ass-kicking material next season is a little more tasty. NP with the Shaggers is a good first step, though I think it's more likely we'll be seeing Burton getting promotion before Forest get their act together.

I don't count Forest anymore, they are far to tinpot for anyones consideration.

They only have 2 games a year where the fans can be arsed and they have just lost those to Burton Albion :005:

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663