New ex-players (and managers) thread

I can't stand the posturing twat (NP). However there are times when a jumped up knob of a footballer is best dealt with by a smack on the nose.

NP could be relied upon to deliver the goods and the club benefited from it.
A manager should never be getting into a fight with a player, there is something wrong with them if they are doing that, any player has a right to knock on the managers door and ask why they aren't playing, what it is the manager needs them to do to be selected, in fact I'd see it as a requirement of those players.

a round of applause for a manager getting into a physical fight with a player? there is something wrong with your mentality
Of course we've only heard one side of the story.

Funny how the story is suddenly being created now and has never, ever been even rumour before

Pearson saw a complete bad apple and got him out ASAP.

A manager should never be getting into a fight with a player, there is something wrong with them if they are doing that, any player has a right to knock on the managers door and ask why they aren't playing, what it is the manager needs them to do to be selected, in fact I'd see it as a requirement of those players.

Of course.

However it is also true that NP walked into a scenario where there were multiple wankers that needed to be encouraged out of the club.

He decided to make an example of the lead wanker. It was highly effective. You are also assuming based on one side of the 'conversation'.

I cannot believe that I am defending NP.

Oh it was a strong rumour at the time.

His treatment and isolation was well known (as was his own vile arrogant, unprofessional behaviour) but I can’t remember a story about being given a bashing

His treatment and isolation was well known (as was his own vile arrogant, unprofessional behaviour) but I can’t remember a story about being given a bashing
I remember him rightly getting sent off unnecessarily for an awful foul. When he said that he would do the same thing if the situation arose again I realised how arrogant he was (or perhaps he was just a thick thug). It was then that I decided I had seen enough of him.

Of course.

However it is also true that NP walked into a scenario where there were multiple wankers that needed to be encouraged out of the club.

He decided to make an example of the lead wanker. It was highly effective. You are also assuming based on one side of the 'conversation'.

I cannot believe that I am defending NP.
a manager has the right to move anyone from the club they see fit and yes some needed removing then but a physical fight is way over the line, he is their boss, to behave in such a manor is really worrying of any managers mental make up

a manager has the right to move anyone from the club they see fit and yes some needed removing then but a physical fight is way over the line, he is their boss, to behave in such a manor is really worrying of any managers mental make up

Most football autobiographies I've read seem to include dressing room / training ground physical altercations practically every week.

It happens.

That article is amusing. It’s like listening to one of my kids give me their version of why they ended up shoving each other in an argument. “I asked her nicely to please pass me the Xbox control and she just started shoving me and being aggressive for no reason at all. It was all her fault, I’m totally innocent and was being extra polite.”

I didn’t think it was possible to love Nigel Pearson any more than I already did...until I read that article.

What a guy.

Yeah...Ferguson never kicked that boot at Beckham’s head did he?
IIRC he kicked a boot in frustration he wasn't specifically aiming for Beckham, and he himself would admit that wasn't professional and shouldn't have happened

Do you want a fight? You shall not beat me in a fight because I am a great fighter. If you face me in a fight you will surely lose the fight because I will win the fight using my superior fighting skills.

AA7171C6-E1F0-4F59-A138-28600A8EE810.jpeg

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4284
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4363