New ex-players (and managers) thread

A sort of non-thinking man's Joey Barton, I guess. It's moderately interesting in that it touches on the problem of demotivation, and its effects on the players, managers and our club, over the last four years.

Drinky should get himself back to Barnsley, though it seems like a million years since he came and made mugs of us, which led to us buying him in the first place.

I'd get him back on a free and reasonable wages. Get rid of Hamza and James. I'd have had him over Mendy as well. I suppose he'd be looking for a competitive position. Perhaps Championship top clubs should take a look.

Absolutely not. Absurd to suggest getting rid of decent pro's for someone who needs wake-up call after wake-up call.

Not the last we'll hear from him imo.

The only interesting thing in that interview was how he was another player who nearly left in 2016.

As well as Kante (who obviously did leave) that means Schmeichel, Drinkwater, Vardy and Mahrez were all either trying to leave or thought about it that summer.

No wonder we went to total shit when you combine that with the dross we signed.

Sorry but Drinkwater comes over to me as a complete wanker in that piece. And that's him trying his best to portray himself positively.
Agree. Family is so important but I will sack my own son off for a year. **** off drinkminoxidil.

Drinkwater is a dick, forced his way out of the club at the last minute whilst injured and no one thought he would succeed at Chelsea, that's not hindsight we said it at the time

whilst injured

Allegedly. According to him. Wanker.

I don't begrudge any player backing their ability and moving on from Leicester. I've always wished Kante all the best and despite having fun with his recent legal troubles, Maguire is a player I have no ill-will too. But the way he left Leicester and all of his subsequent actions have me wishing nothing but the worst for this twat. Same goes for Mahrez. I was sad to see him leave but accepted that his talent belonged in the Champions League. But his subsequent comments about how we "held him back" means he can go **** himself too.

Kingy still not got a club?

Bit surprising.
I don’t think it’s that surprising. From being injured while on loan at Derby to whatever happened at Rangers, he’s not played regularly for a number of seasons. Clubs have to be a lot more cognizant of budgets and wages now.

Kingy still not got a club?

Bit surprising.

I feel for him, I thought Championship clubs would be queuing up for him.

He'll probably get a contract late in the window or just after it closes, when clubs know their only options are freebies.

Or maybe his wage demands have been too high for some, and he'll drop them when he realises he needs a club.

I feel for him, I thought Championship clubs would be queuing up for him.

He'll probably get a contract late in the window or just after it closes, when clubs know their only options are freebies.

Or maybe his wage demands have been too high for some, and he'll drop them when he realises he needs a club.
no rush to sign a free agent he can be signed after the deadline

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4490
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464