New ex-players (and managers) thread

Three year contract, shitting hell

An entire career making millions despite having paper legs. This one will take him to 32.

NP and CS have displayed extraordinary love for the guy. Any time they've had the chance, they've thrown contracts at him.

It looks like Bristol City have given NP free reign to do his building thing. But if the best he's got is signing up old players well past their sell by dates (Simpson, James, King), I can't see it working out.

I can't wait to read that he's created a job there for his son. It's only a matter of time.

I wouldn't say Danny Simpson is well past his sell by date. Could martial an inexperienced back 3 or 4 really well at champ level to get them near the playoffs.
James has shown that he can perform at Champ level well and sustain fitness.
On their own they aren't going to fire them to the Prem - but from what i understand Bristol City have a super young squad that could perhaps do with a bit of grit and guidance.
Not sure what's happened to Andy King over the past two years - no discernable big injury but no one seems to want to play him AT ALL. Rangers, Leuven anyone - no matter what the level - so that is a strange one considering his quality.

I lost a bit of respect for Pearson when his son was signed despite being complete and utter shit.

A man of principle when judging others.

Yep James deserves it as he has proven his fitness over the past 18 months or so.

Pleased for him and a hell of a lot more respect for him for persisting through the injuries and just wanting to play 1st team football compared to the serial 2nd/3rd choice keepers that never play a league game.

Sousa's Poland exits Euro 2020. Still a more spirited performance from them in their last game than we ever saw under him, mind.

I'm sure he'll contribute well for Bristol

I've seen a lot of fans of other clubs calling them that. Also calling Sheffield United 'Sheffield'. It's like they don't know there's more than one team in the City. I've always assumed it's overseas fans who don't know much about English Football.

Would you call Man City 'Manchester'?

I believe this is in reference to Christian Fuchs.

I've seen a lot of fans of other clubs calling them that. Also calling Sheffield United 'Sheffield'. It's like they don't know there's more than one team in the City. I've always assumed it's overseas fans who don't know much about English Football.

Always seemed odd to me, particularly as I noticed when we were in League One many of our fans also called Bristol Rovers “Bristol”.

Didn't one of these NFT's recently sell for some obscene amount of money? Third highest amount for a piece of "art" or something. Madness.

Context is important. No reasonable person reading this thread could think I was talking about a different Matty James who just so happens to have just signed for the gas pirates, or whatever they call themselves.

I'm sure that lots of us don't like Manchester being called 'City' as often happens in contextless situations, but I don't have any problem with Manchester, Lincoln, Lancaster, or even little old Leicester being called that when it's obvious which one is being talked about

Context is important. No reasonable person reading this thread could think I was talking about a different Matty James who just so happens to have just signed for the gas pirates, or whatever they call themselves. I'm sure that lots of us don't like Manchester being called 'City' as often happens in contextless situations, but I don't have any problem with Manchester, Lincoln, Lancaster, or even little old Leicester being called that when it's obvious which one is being talked about

Obviously I knew who you were talking about. But it still doesn't sound right. I'd never heard of the Bristol or Sheffield clubs referred to by their city name until recently. And I've never heard of the Manchester clubs being referred to in that way (apart from when I've deliberately done it as a reaction to the City/United bollocks).

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4469
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4464
10Preston 4463