New ex-players (and managers) thread

I had an absolute treat this evening...

Went to Wycombe vs Bristol City in the Carabao Cup and got to see the legend himself Andy King playing a full 90, as well as a full 30 mins from a living, breathing, moving Matty James*! Phwoar

*He came on for the last 30 mins in case you were wondering, not off injured after 30.

But best of all, my seats were in the Directors Box (courtesy of a mate) and who was sat in my seat when I got there? Big Nige himself!

One thing I found very surprising is how Kingy plays as their defensive mid, and was always one of the two players they left back at corners. Even when Matty James came on, he got forwards and King was the one to remain sitting back.
What was the Bristol City fans views on those players & big Nige? They seem to have had an okay start.

What was the Bristol City fans views on those players & big Nige? They seem to have had an okay start.

Didn't hear from any Bristol fans, but both looked decent.

Surprised King played so deep, but he was constantly shouting instructions out to the rest of the team and seemed to be orchestrating from midfield. I'm surprised he's not their captain.

James looked alright when he came on and got forward to join the attack. Both looked very composed, but of course it was a cup game against a team in the league below

Pearson spoke about King in the close season as a manager for the manager so this makes a lot of sense, can't say I ever saw that potential in him myself when he was here

Pearson spoke about King in the close season as a manager for the manager so this makes a lot of sense, can't say I ever saw that potential in him myself when he was here
Didn't Holloway or someone make him club captain at 22 or 23 years old?

I didn’t know that Dr Who was an ex academy player.

You did. You posted about it.

Watching the Merseyside Derby. Still gutted we sold Demarai Gray. Proper player there if coached well. Never replaced either! No doubt in my mind he’d be better in the Leicester team currently than any of the players who have played wide right since he left.

Watching the Merseyside Derby. Still gutted we sold Demarai Gray. Proper player there if coached well. Never replaced either! No doubt in my mind he’d be better in the Leicester team currently than any of the players who have played wide right since he left.

Wow. Where have you been for the last five years? In the toilet?

I agree with the second part. But I’m not gutted he left. I’m gutted we keep failing to buy a decent right winger.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263
9Middlesbro4463
10Preston 4463