New ex-players (and managers) thread

Redknapp said in his book that he had agreed to take over after we sacked Taylor, but he got stuck in traffic on the way home and thought the communiting was too much.

Tbh, that sounds like nonsense, suspect having slept on it, someone told him that the club was financially ruined and the players unfit and out of their depth.

We ended up with Dave 'Harry' Bassett - I recall chants against him before he had even started!
Yep. Sounds like typical 'arry bollocks to me too.

I seriously considered turning my back on the club for the first & only time in my life when Bassett was appointed.

There are no words to describe my utter contempt for that **** & everything he stands for. A Charlatan spiv **** of the highest order who somehow ended up managing football clubs instead of flogging bent watches outside a tube station in a motheaten sheepskin coat. One of the originators of Anti-Football. Warnock's teams were 70s Brazil by comparison.

& yes btw, there was a lot of talk about 'arry before the Taylor appointment. Mostly fan preferences regardless of how likely or otherwise it might have been in reality but definitely discussed at length.

Wow, didn't recognise him. 78 and looks older.

These kids don't know they're born with the Rodgers out business. Pleat was a whole different level of ego-driven wanker.
I didn't get it either.

****ing hell.

He's almost 2 years younger than Mick Jagger & despite spending his youth as a professional sportsman he looks like that.

Jagger spent his youth marinating in a vat of drugs, booze & dodgy women & looks infinitely better.

Maybe there's hope for me yet.

Chilwell sent off and Fofana being torn a new one for most of the game.

Cracking night for two ex-****s of ours. Was Fofana ever as shit as this for us?

Last edited:
He (Fofana) was for the first few games of the season before he ****ed off to Chelsea.

I don't think it is the injury either, he just thinks hes better than he actually is.

A magnificent own goal for Maguire right at the end of the game :038:

Wow, Milne looks a lot better than Pleat.

Loved Ian Wilson.
Milne doesn't actually look much older than his former players. Hope for us all.

& Wilson ? Agreed. Old school midfielder with an eye for a pass & a goal. 100% effort at all times & a classy touch or finish when needed.

That one into the bottom corner at Craven Cottage in a promotion 6 pointer. One of my all time classic LCFC away days out. Fabulous day.

Although it did take a step backwards thanks to being made to take the trip home locked in a luggage cage in the guards van. Not enough to spoil the day though.

Which I've just this second realised...was 40 years ago this month ! :090:

!! F-U-C-K-I-N-G H-E-L-L !!!!!!

Milne doesn't actually look much older than his former players. Hope for us all.

& Wilson ? Agreed. Old school midfielder with an eye for a pass & a goal. 100% effort at all times & a classy touch or finish when needed.

That one into the bottom corner at Craven Cottage in a promotion 6 pointer. One of my all time classic LCFC away days out. Fabulous day.

Although it did take a step backwards thanks to being made to take the trip home locked in a luggage cage in the guards van. Not enough to spoil the day though.

Which I've just this second realised...was 40 years ago this month ! :090:

!! F-U-C-K-I-N-G H-E-L-L !!!!!!

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263