New ex-players (and managers) thread

Madders with an assist already

Didn’t take many free kicks like that for us….

All these players ****ing off to ‘big’ clubs just double underlines how much of an unmitigated **** Rodgers was.

That Dean was our eventual choice at the 11th hour to try to rescue that shit, double underlines how out of touch senior management at the club was.

Everyone top to bottom unforgivably drove us off the road. It stings.

Picked up a good assist from a free kick that he won early on. Also got booked for moaning at the ref. Apart from that, he's not done a lot. Been a bit of a shit game all round really. Did enjoy the "Where's your Harry gone" chants though.......

Picked up a good assist from a free kick that he won early on. Also got booked for moaning at the ref. Apart from that, he's not done a lot. Been a bit of a shit game all round really. Did enjoy the "Where's your Harry gone" chants though.......

The quality has been desperately poor

I know it’s only the first game of the season, but this is ****ing crap

The quality has been desperately poor

I know it’s only the first game of the season, but this is ****ing crap

The standard of the PL was appalling last season. I reckon it will even worse this time round, despite what those with a vested interest in it say.

My latest theory is that we've gone over the level where the incentive to play well exceeds the money paid. The basic salary levels in the PL are now so ludicrous that I don't think any of them care very much at all any more. The performance pay is becoming less relevant.

Take someone like Caicedo. He's about to sign for Chelsea on a 8 or 9 year contract at £200k a week. With loyalty bonuses etc. that means he's guaranteed to make more than £100m on the deal. That means his career is practically done at the age of 21. His hunger won't be there any more. It doesn't matter what he does now.

Most PL players are in that kind of scenario. They don't give a shit any more. We saw it in enough players last season to know.

Until he makes another assist.

First game, 2 assists... that's not a bad start. He looks about their best player.
I’m not slating him at all, but his second assist isn’t really one, is it (even if it does count as one for the stats).

I’m not slating him at all, but his second assist isn’t really one, is it (even if it does count as one for the stats).
I kind of agree but his stats will say two assists. Spurs have been ****ing dross but Maddison has been their best player.

I always thought that my hatred of Spurs was based on the 15/16 season where Poch and Kane and Alli were absolutely insufferable ****s.

Now they're all gone, I should feel nothing about them. They have utterly inconsequential players and a quite likeable manager.

Then there's Madderzzzz. I struggled with the prancing prick when he played for my team but watching him in another one is bringing out lots of deep seated venom.

I'm back to square one with Spurs it seems.

I kind of agree but his stats will say two assists. Spurs have been ****ing dross but Maddison has been their best player.

Bissouma has been head and shoulders above anybody else on the pitch - no one even came close to him

Maddison was ok, but not great

Madders played in the 2-2 draw first game of season last year with Brentford.
Drew 2 - 2.
Got relegated.

Played today for Spuds v Brentford.

Drew 2 - 2

Put your money on Spuds to get relegated ;)
But where will Madders go then, poor thing?

Chilwell is getting destroyed in that Chelsea backline. He looks Al.ost as shit as he did for us.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663