New ex-players (and managers) thread

I only discord I have is for Bodgers, he's a full on arseole and despite being a Celtic fan for nearly 60 years would laugh & laugh if he failed and got the sack.
As for Tielemans, I just smile when I view the Villa team and see he didn't play, because he didn't play for us either.

He isn't. It's a complete misunderstanding of biology to suggest so. The fact of the matter is that it has been nothing to do with him being 'broken' or 'overplayed' which is nonsense, more that he has failed to do even the basics well enough when he's been on the pitch for them.

The reason behind this, is that, contrary to some of the rubbish you'll read on here, Tielemens is the type of player who must play every week and perhaps more if you want to get the best out of him. This is not happening at Villa so they'll never see him at his best until they get him into a rhythm. They can't do that unless they give him games and time which, given the performances of their midfield so far this season, isn't going to happen unless there is an injury.

I don't feel any real dislike towards the guy, I don't care much about him either way to be honest but if Villa want the best version of him, they won't get it in bit parts.
I absolutely concur just as I did with Vardy. Both players have plenty to offer. One doesn't play for us anymore so not interested in him but Youri has st least 4 or 5 more years in him imo.

Can’t carry the same vitriol for Tielemans that I have for Rodgers or Evans (don’t know why to be honest), but I also can’t say I’m surprised. Bet he’s one of their highest earners too.

His decline was sharp and he looked a spent force. Same could be said for many under Rodgers, but it felt different with Youri. His fitness levels were always a concern and he has a lot of miles on his legs.

Needs to get out of England where the pace of play slows down a wee bit.

Yep, I agree.

If anything, he gets more of a pass from me because of how shit he's been for Villa.

The fact that was the best move he could get, and he's still been shit and can barely even get on the pitch, suggests it wasn't (just) a lack of effort in his last 12-18 months here. Clearly something more there.

The way most managers would use him - 90 mins of endless runs into the channels looking to get on the end of hopeful long balls - Yes

The way Enzo uses him - No.
I do believe many on here suggested that very same, radical idea.

Another brilliant assist from Maddison.

Makes me ****ing funming that he's wasting all that talent.

Its like a gimme season for Wolves and Everton who should be in difficulty but are being saved by utter garbage.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663