New ex-players (and managers) thread

Yeah, screw those managers that leave us as major trophy holders, in Europe, established in the top half of the Premier League, with loads of money in the bank and a squad packed with experienced and proven pros.
If memory serves right, many of those experienced and proven pros were on expensive and lenthy contracts, which lead indirectly to the club going into administration as we couldn't shift them.

If memory serves right, many of those experienced and proven pros were on expensive and lenthy contracts, which lead indirectly to the club going into administration as we couldn't shift them.

But all they had to do was push on after MO'N left.

Oh it looked so good when Taylor had us at the peak before the international break...........

it was Taylor that went round giving everyone big contracts

Nothing to do with splashing out a fortune on run-of-the-mill footballers then?

I've spouted long and hard on this in the past. I don't think the point was who or who had not given whatever contract to whatever player that was the root of our downfall. The problem for me was that the board had become ineffectual during the MON years. Those who were interested in keeping the purse strings tight, commonly known as the Gang of Four, were beaten back by the fans' loyalty to MON. When they had gone there was no fiscal control from board level. While this did not seem to be a problem whilst MON remained, he was not to be here for too much longer and his successor was not as cute in this aspect of his role; the slide to administration was underway.

I thought it was Lenny's new contract, during his prolonged head or heart musings before going off to Celtic, which sunk the tight ship, and along with Muzzy and Matty Elliot also expecting the call north, set up the scenario which the hapless Taylor was unequal to.

The Peter Taylor era still fascinates me. I was far too young at the time to understand the reasons things went so badly, so quickly.

The midfield dynamo, Harry Worley has left Stevenage for Hartlepool.

(I assume it's the same bloke)

Former academy player (and ex Brentford boss) Mark Warburton is the new manager of Glasgow Rangers.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664
10Preston 4663