New ex-players (and managers) thread

I'm really disappointed to see Kante move to the Saudi league.

Regardless of the country's principles (which I don't say lightly), in a footballing sense it's just such a waste of talent and he's not a player that I expected to go and follow the money given all we've heard about his humble nature.

Maybe his injuries have taken a bigger toll on him than we know. Maybe at 32 he is open to stepping away from the top leagues. Maybe the money is just too good to say no to, and even as a Fiesta driving footballer, he can't turn down the opportunity to make a huge amount of money and set his family up for life.

But it will be a shame to see him disappear from playing at the top level. And I'm sure none of us are enjoying seeing big names going to grow the Saudi league...

It isn't going to happen but it would be hilarious if an already millionaire footballer went there for big money then publicly announced he was donating all his salary to the LBGQT community.

It isn't going to happen but it would be hilarious if an already millionaire footballer went there for big money then publicly announced he was donating all his salary to the LBGQT community.
I believe you may have your letters in the wrong sequence:

LGBTQ and NEVER forget the PLUS.

As a practicing Muslim he, with his trademark lack of fuss, made a pilgrimage to Masjid al-Nabawi in Medina, known as the Prophet's Mosque, after France's World Cup victory in 2018, They aren't my principles, but I would say they are definitely principles.
Millions of Muslim’s do the Hajj every year. That’s got nothing to do with his decision to take blood money.

And like BN says, I don’t actually blame him, or any player for following the money. But I don’t want to see any more articles about how he drives a beat-up mini and is so humble and modest.

I keep waiting for that - it's the only way I can come up with to flip what is happening.

My guess, however, is that there are clauses in contracts to prevent such things.

Alwys useful to top-up your retirement fund - 1.6m a week should do it
Guessing that is the $USD value? Even so that into £ is mental, even if they are getting 2players for that price. If it’s a touch warm he probably won’t need to break a sweat in that league.

I keep waiting for that - it's the only way I can come up with to flip what is happening.

My guess, however, is that there are clauses in contracts to prevent such things.

It's not going to happen though is it? There are very few socially aware footballers, the only one I can think of off the top of my head is Ben Mee and they're the ones who would think twice about going there in the first place.

Well things start to get a bit head choppy in Saudi when you say and do that over there so I very much doubt that will ever happen.

I do wonder who will be the first footballer to be sentenced to death over there though.

Well things start to get a bit head choppy in Saudi when you say and do that over there so I very much doubt that will ever happen.

I do wonder who will be the first footballer to be sentenced to death over there though.

JLingzzz

I’m sure many local Saudi players have already and will continue to suffer that fate.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566
9Coventry City4564
10Preston 4563