New F1 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a terrible decision as Durham has pointed out somebody could win 3/4 Grand Prix's come absolutely nowhere for the rest of the season and still be crowned champion.

In fact I hope this does happen because then it will show just how flawed this idea is and how Bernie knows **** all about F1.

I dont agree with trying to make it sound as if Hamilton wouldnt have won the title last season. In terms of wins he wouldnt have won it, but then again there were many races where Hamilton settled for good points scoring rather than gambling to win a race.
Given those races last season, Hamilton would have gone for it under the new rules.

Last season Kubica finished 14pts above Alonso and was without doubt more consistent. However, under the new rules Alonso would have finished above him because he won one more race.

Is that fair?

Last season Kubica finished 14pts above Alonso and was without doubt more consistent. However, under the new rules Alonso would have finished above him because he won one more race.

Is that fair?

I could easily be wrong but I don'tthink that's the case

The driver who wins the most races will be the champion, points will then determine the rest of the places and also be used in the event of a tie in wins for those going for the championship

If true that makes it even more ridiculous and unnecessarily complicated.

If true that makes it even more ridiculous and unnecessarily complicated.

It is true.

As Button has stated today, a driver could go out and win the first 9 GP's and be crowned champion and not enter another race. Whats worse though is someone could be only 19 points behind and go on to win all the remaining races finishing 50 or 60 points in front but not be champion. Crazy

Oh and I also not Bernie has said Donington next year is not guaranteed due to the 'hectic calendar' and other countries wanting a GP.

I was looking forward to this season for once, but it's been ruined, why can't old ***** just leave sport alone.

Last edited:
I see McLaren have removed the sandbags now most of the other teams have gone home :)

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

I dont know why they act as if they are slow each year. Everyone knows they are bullshitting

stupid

The teams association have effectivley appealed the championship points decision. Claiming its too late to impose a change.

Why havent the FIA consulted with the teams about this? If none of the teams think it is a good idea then maybe that's because its NOT A GOOD IDEA!

:icon_lol::icon_lol:

I dont know why they act as if they are slow each year. Everyone knows they are bullshitting

I think its actually the case. In a quote that was never meant to go public theyve said they dont expect to get out of Q1 in Melbourne :icon_eek:

I think its actually the case. In a quote that was never meant to go public theyve said they dont expect to get out of Q1 in Melbourne :icon_eek:

I will have a fiver with you that both cars get out of Q1 :icon_wink

Shares an engine and most of the gearbox with mcCalren but the gearbox is better!

He could have the best gearbox in the world, he'll still win **** all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669