New F1 season

Status
Not open for further replies.
McLaren still running 2008 parts in testing, especially wings. They are either pulling an audacious stunt at the moment or they are going to be well off the pace this season.

hamiltons now crashed in testing today.

Shit driver, Iv'e never had a crash and I drive 1.2 Clio which is far less advanced than his ride. Even sheilas wheel's make an exception for me, Im good, really good.

Last edited:
Shit driver, Iv'e never had a crash and I drive 1.2 Clio which is far less advanced than his ride. Even sheilas wheel's make an exception for me, Im good, really good.

And me!!:038:

I expect Brawn GP to have world champ within 5 or 6 years.

The guy is a genius, and now he's let loose with his own team. I don't expect much this year, but people will want to work with him.

My new favourite team :038:

Last edited:
I expect Brawn GP to have world champ within 5 or 6 years.

The guy is a genius, and now he's let loose with his own team. I don't expect much this year, but people will want to work with him.

My new favourite team :038:

It certainly wont be with Jenson Button.

It certainly wont be with Jenson Button.
They've secured the Mercedes engine and will start testing tomorrow. Be interesting to see how they get on.

Manufacturers will want to work with Brawn, he gets the best out of their equipment.

New car looks quite good too, although the rear wing looks very small:

bgp001-6.jpg

They've secured the Mercedes engine and will start testing tomorrow. Be interesting to see how they get on.

Manufacturers will want to work with Brawn, he gets the best out of their equipment.

New car looks quite good too, although the rear wing looks very small:

bgp001-6.jpg

Just meant I don't rate button at all.

The rear wing is standard fayre for this season with all the aero rule changes. Pesonally Im not a fan of the small rear wing and huge front wing look but if it makes for better racing so be it.

This is where we differ. I do rate Button, but very, very low.

I think Brawn may get the best out of him.
I do hope so. I want to like Button but being out performed by Barichello does nothing for his rep. Anyway, I suspect Brawn was so keen to keep Honda going because he actually thinks they've got a decent car this year. I expect them to do quite well in the second half of the season.

McLaren however I'm not so sure. Hurts me to say it but I suspect they may struggle without the Ferrari data.

I do hope so. I want to like Button but being out performed by Barichello does nothing for his rep. Anyway, I suspect Brawn was so keen to keep Honda going because he actually thinks they've got a decent car this year. I expect them to do quite well in the second half of the season.

McLaren however I'm not so sure. Hurts me to say it but I suspect they may struggle without the Ferrari data.

The Brawn car quickest in the mornng test at Barcelona today.

McLaren nearly 3 secs off the pace today, either they are sandbagging or they are well and truly ****ed.

Just McLaren playing silly games as usual. They will be fine come the 29th

Not sure this is a good idea

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/17032009/58/f1-title-decided-race-wins.html

Not because Hamilton wouldn't have won the title last year, just think it sounds a bit odd

Nothing to do with a Ferrari driving coming 2nd then?

it seems a strange decision to me if they want to incourage more overtaking, then increase the points for the winner and points between the places

if this system had been implemented from the start of F1 there would have been 13 occasions the title would have been won by a different driver, including 2 more titles for Nigel Mansell

It's a crap system IMO. Someone could conceivably win the title winning just 3 races and not finishing the rest over someone who has finished in the top 3 all season. Crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669