New Flat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarby

not that any of you are interested but last saturday i moved to my new flat in Plymouth ready to start teacher training.

My flat overlooks central park, which is where Home Park home of Plymouth is, so i hope we play them in the FA Cup.

got the internet sorted today, only bad thing is my freeview doesnt pick up SSN or Dave.

Anyway if we do play Plymouth then you are welcome to all pop round for a beer, and a kip on the floor, although it's hardly big enough for me.

Keep Safe

not that any of you are interested but last saturday i moved to my new flat in Plymouth ready to start teacher training.

My flat overlooks central park, which is where Home Park home of Plymouth is, so i hope we play them in the FA Cup.

got the internet sorted today, only bad thing is my freeview doesnt pick up SSN or Dave.

Anyway if we do play Plymouth then you are welcome to all pop round for a beer, and a kip on the floor, although it's hardly big enough for me.

Keep Safe

Good luck Scarby :038::038::038::038:

Methinks you may come to regret that kind offer :icon_bigg

they're about the only two channels i watch!

good luck

... only bad thing is my freeview doesnt pick up SSN or Dave.

A coverage check for your area suggests that you should be able to get all the Freeview channels. It might be that your aerial isn't up to the job.

Is this your own TV? If it's one that came with the flat, is there any possibility that these channels could have been put on the 'banned list' by a previous tenant? Have you tried re-tuning?

they're about the only two channels i watch!

good luck

A coverage check for your area suggests that you should be able to get all the Freeview channels. It might be that your aerial isn't up to the job.

Is this your own TV? If it's one that came with the flat, is there any possibility that these channels could have been put on the 'banned list' by a previous tenant? Have you tried re-tuning?

:102:
Why is it pointless to try to set Scarbs off in the right direction to solve his problem?

It is my own TV a widescreen HD Samsung, it picked up SSN and Dave fine in Leics.

I was think about getting a booster aerial but im not sure that wll even work.

thanks Boc.

It is my own TV a widescreen HD Samsung, it picked up SSN and Dave fine in Leics.

I was think about getting a booster aerial but im not sure that wll even work.

thanks Boc.

It more than likely wont, your aerial needs replacing with a high gain aerial by the sounds of it.

its a block of student flats im staying in, so i would have thought they would have got a cheap job.

You are most likely missing a whole 'band' of channels ie all of the channels that reside in a particular subset and are transmitted in the same sub frequency. Little you can do to rectify this without an aerial replacement. Is the block of flats newly built?

You are most likely missing a whole 'band' of channels ie all of the channels that reside in a particular subset and are transmitted in the same sub frequency. Little you can do to rectify this without an aerial replacement. Is the block of flats newly built?

aye my section is only a few years old. Ill ask around to see if anyone else has them.

http://www.centralparktowers.co.uk/

if you look on the front page drawing my flat room is the near corner room on the 4th floor.

You are most likely missing a whole 'band' of channels ie all of the channels that reside in a particular subset and are transmitted in the same sub frequency. Little you can do to rectify this without an aerial replacement.

It's also possible that your aerial is pointing at the wrong transmitter. There seem to be three that are used in your area, only two of which give a full Freeview service.

It's also possible that your aerial is pointing at the wrong transmitter. There seem to be three that are used in your area, only two of which give a full Freeview service.

Very true, I'm not aware of the transmitter signal down there. Again though, little he can do as it's not 'his' aerial

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46