Speculation New Home Kit 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps this guys been helping with the new kit.
He has the credentials
degree in DESIGN MANAGEMENT a qualified BUSINESS MANAGER AND GRAPHIC DESIGNER

Not only that he is
OFFICIALLY AN OLYMPIC TORCH BEARER FOR LONDON 2012
and thinks a bit of himself
WHEREEVER WE GO IM GOING TO BE LOVED AND LIKED PARTICULARLY KIDS OR YOUNG ADULTS I MAY COACH OR TEACH.
perhaps Nigel should have got him earlier on
I always tell them 'BELIEVE AND YOU WILL ACHIEVE'!
He likes his "Mrs" too one of his Ambitions
Be best husband to my WIFE (TEACHER who runs her own EDUCATION CONSULTANCY
He has no limit to his ambitions as he wants to
Coach A national football team OF ONE of the emerging nations

BUT dont mess with him Macky cos he has a
BLACK BELT in KUNG FU and KARATE.

Last edited:
If we are going with a big name manufacturer (Puma, Adidas, Nike etc) the kit will be choosen from their standard catalogue and the club will pay for it, Leicester City is not a big enough club for these manufacturers to design bespoke kit or give it away free.

If we are going with a big name manufacturer (Puma, Adidas, Nike etc) the kit will be choosen from their standard catalogue and the club will pay for it, Leicester City is not a big enough club for these manufacturers to design bespoke kit or give it away free.

Exactly, I would rather stick with the exclusively designed beauties from Burrda etc...

Exactly, I would rather stick with the exclusively designed beauties from Burrda etc...

I wasn't saying there was a problem with this, just pointing out the kit will look like other kits manufactured by the brand so don't expect any kind of distinct design features.

I wasn't saying there was a problem with this, just pointing out the kit will look like other kits manufactured by the brand so don't expect any kind of distinct design features.

I wasn't having a go ;)

I don't think you see any really unique kits these days, look at most of the clubs in the top flight, their kits are all fairly generic. I don't understand how a kit can be 'original' or 'unique' anyway - they're all usually one or two colours with holes to put your head and arms through. How original can they be?

I'd rather have a top kit brand with a generic design than some of that shite Burrda have been spewing out. The fact that so many people have had to return kits to the megastore this season is a disgrace, if I'm going to pay £50 for a kit, I'd rather have a Nike kit or an Umbro kit than a Burrda one that falls apart after a week.

There was/is a possibility that one of the slightly smaller 'premium brands' (like Puma) would indeed deisng a unique kit because of the exposure/shirt sales from Asia which exceeded all expectations this season.

Black belt? Pah! That wouldn't bother me, I have a leather belt with a metal buckle and I'll **** him about the head with it

I really shouldn't read TB on my phone at work...everyone wants to know why I'm giggling like an idiot - cheers Macky :icon_lol:

There was/is a possibility that one of the slightly smaller 'premium brands' (like Puma) would indeed deisng a unique kit because of the exposure/shirt sales from Asia which exceeded all expectations this season.

I'm amazed anyone in Asia would actually buy one. Perhaps it's the same guy buying a new shirt every time part of it fell off.

I don't think you see any really unique kits these days, look at most of the clubs in the top flight, their kits are all fairly generic. I don't understand how a kit can be 'original' or 'unique' anyway - they're all usually one or two colours with holes to put your head and arms through. How original can they be?

I'd rather have a top kit brand with a generic design than some of that shite Burrda have been spewing out. The fact that so many people have had to return kits to the megastore this season is a disgrace, if I'm going to pay £50 for a kit, I'd rather have a Nike kit or an Umbro kit than a Burrda one that falls apart after a week.

I'm amazed by how many people care about the manufacturer. It's not a fashion item.

I'm amazed by how many people care about the manufacturer. It's not a fashion item.

I think people have more of an issue with the quality that Burrda provide rather than the 'logo' not being a cool enough one.

It's about the quality of the product for me. If I'm paying £50 for it regardless of the brand, then I want the best quality product possible, preferably made by a leading sportswear manufacturer. Burrda doesn't provide quality, proven by the amount of people who have had to return their shirts this season.

I know it's not a fashion item, but surely you can see that people would rather wear a well designed shirt from a reputable sportswear provider than a poorly designed shirt from a sportswear provider that nobody has ever heard of? What's wrong with people wanting to wear something aesthetically pleasing?

More or less what I was going to say (except I didnt know, I was just going to speculate/make stuff up).

I wouldn't surprised for someone to take a punt on being able to sell shirts in the Asian market, particularly if we do get Air Asia as a sponsor and the deal with Thai TV continues.

It's about the quality of the product for me. If I'm paying £50 for it regardless of the brand, then I want the best quality product possible, preferably made by a leading sportswear manufacturer. Burrda doesn't provide quality, proven by the amount of people who have had to return their shirts this season.

I know it's not a fashion item, but surely you can see that people would rather wear a well designed shirt from a reputable sportswear provider than a poorly designed shirt from a sportswear provider that nobody has ever heard of? What's wrong with people wanting to wear something aesthetically pleasing?

I'm confused, is it that it is badly made, or that it isn't aesthetically pleasing? A Nike shirt will look pretty much the same.

For the record, my shirt hasn't had any problems and neither have any from the last few seasons, but then I only wear mine to matches, not when I'm out and about as I don't really want to look that chavvy.

I'm confused, is it that it is badly made, or that it isn't aesthetically pleasing? A Nike shirt will look pretty much the same.

For the record, my shirt hasn't had any problems and neither have any from the last few seasons, but then I only wear mine to matches, not when I'm out and about as I don't really want to look that chavvy.

I don't think our current shirt is either.

I wear mine for all sorts of things, I wear it when I'm out at games, I wear it down the gym, I might wear it to nip down the shops in, it's just casual sportswear at the end of the day... Ok, I wouldn't wear it to go out down the pub or anything, but that still doesn't mean I don't want it to look good. Like it or not, people attach value to brand names and some are more desirable than others, it's like anything - some people would rather buy McVities biscuits than Asda's own brand because there is a perceived difference in quality, even though in reality there might not be. I like the shirts made by the top brands, I think Nike and Umbro make really nice kits, so if I'm paying £50 regardless, I'd rather have a kit made by what I see as a superior manufacturer. I wouldn't buy a kit that I thought looked terrible just because it had Leicester City on the front - that's why I didn't buy our Jako kit with the Topps Tiles logo, I thought it looked cheap and tacky. Having said that, brand isn't the most important thing to me - one of my favourite kits for the past few years was the Joma anniversary kit, I don't have any feelings either way about the brand, but it was a good quality shirt and it looked good.

Also, top sportswear manufacturers generally make higher quality products, and again, if I'm paying £50 regardless, I want the best quality possible for my money and we're less likely to have a problem like we did with this seasons shirts.

I don't think our current shirt is either.

I wear mine for all sorts of things, I wear it when I'm out at games, I wear it down the gym, I might wear it to nip down the shops in, it's just casual sportswear at the end of the day... Ok, I wouldn't wear it to go out down the pub or anything, but that still doesn't mean I don't want it to look good. Like it or not, people attach value to brand names and some are more desirable than others, it's like anything - some people would rather buy McVities biscuits than Asda's own brand because there is a perceived difference in quality, even though in reality there might not be. I like the shirts made by the top brands, I think Nike and Umbro make really nice kits, so if I'm paying £50 regardless, I'd rather have a kit made by what I see as a superior manufacturer. I wouldn't buy a kit that I thought looked terrible just because it had Leicester City on the front - that's why I didn't buy our Jako kit with the Topps Tiles logo, I thought it looked cheap and tacky. Having said that, brand isn't the most important thing to me - one of my favourite kits for the past few years was the Joma anniversary kit, I don't have any feelings either way about the brand, but it was a good quality shirt and it looked good.

Also, top sportswear manufacturers generally make higher quality products, and again, if I'm paying £50 regardless, I want the best quality possible for my money and we're less likely to have a problem like we did with this seasons shirts.

But top manufacturers charge more so your price may go up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669