Speculation New Home Kit 2012/13

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't buy a kit that I thought looked terrible just because it had Leicester City on the front - that's why I didn't buy our Jako kit with the Topps Tiles logo, I thought it looked cheap and tacky. Having said that, brand isn't the most important thing to me - one of my favourite kits for the past few years was the Joma anniversary kit, I don't have any feelings either way about the brand, but it was a good quality shirt and it looked good.

Interesting. These were my poistions too. That Jako kit was the only one I didn't buy for about the last eight seasons in a row. Similarly, the Joma one is of my favourites. The appearance does matter. Like yourself, I use a Leicester City shirt as general sportswear for things like going to the gym.

Last edited:
But top manufacturers charge more so your price may go up.

Football shirts seem to be an area where price isn't dictated by the quality of the product. I would expect to have to pay around £45-50+ for next season's City shirt, regardless of manufacturer.

A leicester shirt for any season is always going to be a one-off product, produced by one manufacturer and sold almost exclusively by the club, so they have the luxury of knowing that they can charge, within reason, what they like for it, because fans will want it and they can't get it cheaper anywhere else.

Macky, did you do the new shirt then or is it not up to standard?

I don't care what the kit is like, if it is shoddy etc, I will never buy or wear kit, I don't play for the team or feel the need to look like a player except at a fancy dress party. If the players are happy with their technical sporting gear that's fine.

Macky, did you do the new shirt then or is it not up to standard?

I'm not responsible for the original image, but thanks to the link posted by MoFo I'm delighted to announce that I have now been appointed as official LCFC graphic designer and my responsibilities will include creating all visual concepts and artwork following the clubs brand guidelines.

Big Nige himself has just emailed me directly to welcome me to the club in this role and I can confirm that the original image posted is definitely not up to his exacting standards. However, due to financial restraints imposed by the Thai junta I won't be able to use Photoshop to create any future designs and will have to use the opensource GIMP package instead. I'm hoping that this restriction won't have any impact on any pixel issues going forward.

Thanks in advance for any congratulations received in regard to this.

I'm not responsible for the original image, but thanks to the link posted by MoFo I'm delighted to announce that I have now been appointed as official LCFC graphic designer and my responsibilities will include creating all visual concepts and artwork following the clubs brand guidelines.

Big Nige himself has just emailed me directly to welcome me to the club in this role and I can confirm that the original image posted is definitely not up to his exacting standards. However, due to financial restraints imposed by the Thai junta I won't be able to use Photoshop to create any future designs and will have to use the opensource GIMP package instead. I'm hoping that this restriction won't have any impact on any pixel issues going forward.

You should be able to apply for these kind of roles on football manager. It would be fun.

Looks like they're trying to shift as much Burrda shit as humanly possible before they announce the new kit - all replica shirts are down to a tenner now.

Glad to be of assistance Macky. :icon_bigg
However surprised that in your new role you did not give us the Puma news that Boc put up a thread about this morning. and wtf are GenesisSports.co.uk.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670