New iPod....

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I fail to see why notts would make such a statement if it were not true.

Mods have no way of knowing whether or not the statement made by Notts is true.

In any case, I'm not sure why you should expect mods to take action. The squabble had long degenerated into farce and could clearly be seen as such.

In similar fashion, it was asked that mods should intervene when thewhites was trolling the forum and saying upsetting such as "white is better than blue". Yet the same people and others were happy to feed the troll despite clear advice to the contrary.

I would imagine that mods feel that this is a live forum and people have to sort things out for themselves rather than expect the mods to jump in at every little upset.

Mods have no way of knowing whether or not the statement made by Notts is true.

In any case, I'm not sure why you should expect mods to take action. The squabble had long degenerated into farce and could clearly be seen as such.

In similar fashion, it was asked that mods should intervene when thewhites was trolling the forum and saying upsetting such as "white is better than blue". Yet the same people and others were happy to feed the troll despite clear advice to the contrary.

I would imagine that mods feel that this is a live forum and people have to sort things out for themselves rather than expect the mods to jump in at every little upset.

My mistake, i thought Notts was a mod and could have dealt with the matter there and then by removing the offensive post.

Posts less offensive than fludies have been removed in the past without too much question. Have the mods been advised to let the forum flow more freely? The level of modding seems IMO to have reduced compared to the level we used to have.

The idea of freeing the general chat section was to allow offensive posts to be controlled in one area, not for the main forum to be ruined by this as well.

But I fail to see why notts would make such a statement if it were not true.

If he was mistaken? For instance Notts may have heard Fludie talking about his mother, who in fact could be a step mother or other guardian, whilst his birth mother had tragically passed away.

Like Boc said the thread has decended into a farce anyway, best to just let it die.

If he was mistaken? For instance Notts may have heard Fludie talking about his mother, who in fact could be a step mother or other guardian, whilst his birth mother had tragically passed away.

Like Boc said the thread has decended into a farce anyway, best to just let it die.

Fair enough, just thought that Notts seemed to know what he was saying and from my experience of him on here seems to be the kind of person to consider a statement before making it, but as you say there are bigger fish to fry like will TBFC get promotion!?!?

Fair enough, just thought that Notts seemed to know what he was saying and from my experience of him on here seems to be the kind of person to consider a statement before making it, but as you say there are bigger fish to fry like will TBFC get promotion!?!?

I bloody hope not. If it gets to the last game and a win will see us up I'm not turning up! I like winning!

we get a trophy? is it one each or one for the team?

Unsure

Fine, we'll do it, and get pummelled next season. You lack ambition do you know that! :icon_bigg

Seriously in our friendlies we have played well against higher opposition. I reckon there's hardly any difference in quality until you hit the top division.

Well lets cross that bridge if and when we come to it!

Seriously in our friendlies we have played well against higher opposition. I reckon there's hardly any difference in quality until you hit the top division.

From when we have watched other teams I dont reckon the gap is massive, it would be very difficult for goals to get a set of leagues with massive splits in the quality between each.

Can some mod move this shit to the little boys football league forum..........

Can some mod move this shit to the little boys football league forum..........

:icon_razz as you well know this thread descended into farce long ago and its the internet so it doesn't matter!

Last edited:
Why would anyone find it offensive for someone else to say their own mother was dead? (unless they were a relation or friend)

Last edited:
Why would anyone find it offensive for someone else to say their own mother was dead? (unless they were a relation or friend)

I wouldn't find it particularly 'offensive', but I would say it's incredibly bad form to pretend that a relative was dead in an attempt to score points in a puerile argument

I wouldn't find it particularly 'offensive', but I would say it's incredibly bad form to pretend that a relative was dead in an attempt to score points in a puerile argument

I agree offensive may have been the wrong word for it.

Probably tempting the fickle hand of fate too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4590
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363