New Keeper before Saturday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpjfox

CL says in the Mercury he is trying to get another keeper in before saturday.
Uufortunately it is only for cover so it will probably be an "unknown". Dont think he'll make a move for a new No 1 until he knows what Walkers plans are for next season.

All good things.

We definately need somebody in, because if Pressman gets injured we really are in the shite, also it will keep competition for places.

new keeper

I would prefer a new No1 and keep Pieman where he belongs, as a back-up. Hes done ok but he is a disaster waiting to happen (eg Preston/Crewe).

It should be easy enough to get a keeper on loan for the rest of the season, Keller and Taylor spring to mind

Stefan Postma wants out at Villa, would be an excellent keeper for Championship football?

Disco_Dave said:
Stefan Postma wants out at Villa, would be an excellent keeper for Championship football?

Ironicaly he was orginally a Leicester youth Player!

Fox Fan said:
Disco_Dave said:

Ironicaly he was orginally a Leicester youth Player!

I thought he was only here on trial rather than a youth player.

Might of been wrong on that one, it was in the back of one of the Programmes. The guy was brilliant for Villa in the cup!

Re: new keeper

dpjfox said:
I would prefer a new No1 and keep Pieman where he belongs, as a back-up. Hes done ok but he is a disaster waiting to happen (eg Preston/Crewe).

It should be easy enough to get a keeper on loan for the rest of the season, Keller and Taylor spring to mind

Bit unfair here I think, Pressers has been superb, yeah he`s made howlers but ALL keepers do, I`ll alway`s remember Walks`s "flap" that cost us a win at the Shitty ground, plus all his others, I`m perfectly happy for Kev to continue for as long as it takes.

mad biker said:
dpjfox said:

Bit unfair here I think, Pressers has been superb, yeah he`s made howlers but ALL keepers do, I`ll alway`s remember Walks`s "flap" that cost us a win at the Shitty ground, plus all his others, I`m perfectly happy for Kev to continue for as long as it takes.

Only thing with Kev is when crosses are coming in. Walks had every ball in the box and Kevin looks shakey in the air. I Think he';s done a fantasic job condiering he hasn't had a game for so many years, and hes done a good service for us - but we need someone who helps defend against that airal threat from which we have been punsihed several times this season, notably QPR :twisted:

Fox Fan said:
mad biker said:
dpjfox said:

Only thing with Kev is when crosses are coming in. Walks had every ball in the box and Kevin looks shakey in the air. I Think he';s done a fantasic job condiering he hasn't had a game for so many years, and hes done a good service for us - but we need someone who helps defend against that airal threat from which we have been punsihed several times this season, notably QPR :twisted:

True, Pressman is great as a shotstopper, but apart from that, not much, he doesn't command the box, struggle to jump and claim crosses, struggles to go down quick enough to stop shots along the ground. But i can't really see anyone out there we can get who is better, so i say stick with him.

lazzer said:
mk i cant believe you havent put my name forward :roll:

:lol:

Marco, I'm pretty sure Spinal Tap are making a new movie which you should star in.

lazzer said:
Joe_Fox said:
lazzer said:
mk i cant believe you havent put my name forward :roll:

:lol:

Marco, I'm pretty sure Spinal Tap are making a new movie which you should star in.

as a roadie :lol:

Groupie more like :lol: :lol:

i want richard wright on loan from everton, it wud giv him the match practice he needed and he's a good keeper

Hi Bert.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670