New keeper

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

This is just off the LCFC Mobile

Leicester City today have confirmed the signing of former Bradford City goalkeeper Paul Henderson on a two year contract subject to him passing a medical.

OS said:
Henderson Agrees Foxes Switch

Leicester City today confirmed the capture of former Bradford City goalkeeper Paul Henderson on a two-year contract - subject to the player passing a medical.

Henderson is currently back in his native Australia - but has agreed terms with the club and will complete the move when he returns for pre-season training.

The 29-year-old arrived at the Walkers Stadium earlier this month for a short trial period, and impressed City boss Craig Levein sufficiently to offer the big Aussie a deal.

Sydney-born Henderson made 40 league appearances for the Bantams last season, keeping 10 clean sheets along the way as Colin Todd's side ended their League One campaign just outside the play-off places. But the player failed to agree new terms at Valley Parade meaning he was free to join another club.

City boss Craig Levein said: "We have agreed personal terms with Paul and he will undergo a medical once he returns from Australia next month."

Henderson will be the third Australian to join the Leicester squad alongside Patrick Kisnorbo and club captain Danny Tiatto.

Source

Bit hit and miss this guy so i would imagine he will be back-up.

EASY_EASY_EASY said:
The money he'll be on he's a bargain. As as been mentioned, his kicking game needs working on and he's so-so on crosses, but when it comes to stopping the ball going in the back of the net he's excellent. I'm glad he's gone though, his eyes used to scare me. On the days I took the sprog and sat behind the goal in the Kop I felt uneasy when he used to collect the ball to take a goal kick and had to avert my eyes. There were days when I was so traumatised I had trouble sleeping. Evil, pure evil so they are.

John_Hendrie said:
Hendo

class for a league 1 stopper

but

not in Walker's league.

magic_bantam said:
He's a very decent shot-stopper so-so on crosses - decent distribution, cannot kick when there is a slight breeze about tho!

All in all I think he'll be a decent back up for your man - personally though I wouldn't leave a club to park my lazy australian ass on someone else's bench - but there you go!

dan_eggen said:
He's got great hair.

Sort of a jet black Patrick Swayze affair.

Glad I could help.

Seems ok, im glad he has nice hair though.

Bradford han here,

He was player of the season for me along with dean windass, he came in the summer for us as back up but soon found himself playing pretty much every game for us. He is a quality keeper and dont be surprised if he does the same as what he did at bradford, come in as back up and find himself being your number 1.

coshers05 said:
Bradford han here,

He was player of the season for me along with dean windass, he came in the summer for us as back up but soon found himself playing pretty much every game for us. He is a quality keeper and dont be surprised if he does the same as what he did at bradford, come in as back up and find himself being your number 1.

yeah, yeah, yeah, that's all very well Bradford han, but what about his hair??

we need to know more about his hair

i'd say he'd need to have hair like the "hoff" to satisfy silverfox, and a chest rug to go with it. ;-)

coshers05 said:
Bradford han here,

is that ment to make him sound good. Dean windass is a player with absolutly no talent appart from a sweet right hook. if he is in the same league as dean windass then it looks like we got another 'Spider' Kalac on our hands. Thinking about it tho we cud do with a big shit aussie keeper to come on for nothing at the end of the play off final next season!!

Getting back to the hair issue....we seem to have developed a tradition of hirsute keepers, Walker, Taylor and now "Hendo". ....anyone got a photo?

We might as well picking up lower league goalkeepers because the quality is there. No bloody scottish cast-offs.

I might turn up to Belvoir Drive in me keeper kit, put on a Scottish accent, holding a can of Tennets in me hand and say I played for Raith Rovers.

Levein would hand me a contract.
However I would have to prove my scottishness.
Which means dancing around in a kilt watching Azerbaijian 1-0 nil up in Baku.

beltonfox said:
Getting back to the hair issue....we seem to have developed a tradition of hirsute keepers, Walker, Taylor and now "Hendo". ....anyone got a photo?

Oh yes.

14510372662.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673