New Player !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

Stephen Hughes £100,000 from Rangers on a 3 1/2 year contract. :p :wink:

Rangers O. Site said:
LEICESTER CITY have made a deadline day swoop for midfielder Stephen Hughes.

Rangers accepted an undisclosed bid for the 22-year-old earlier and Shug, who made his first-team debut against Hearts in May 2000, is set to become Craig Levein's latest signing at The Walkers Stadium.

Hughes, a product of the Ibrox youth policy, made 89 appearances for the Light Blues and scored seven goals - including two against Livingston earlier this season.

Name: Stephen Hughes
Nationality: Scottish
Date of Birth: 14/11/1982
Height: 5' 11" (180cm)
Weight: 9st 6lbs (59.93kg)
Position: Midfielder

INJURIES again curtailed Stephen Hughes' involvement in season 03/04 but the future looks bright for the young midfielder as he finished the campaign as a regular pick in Alex McLeish's side.

Still only 21, Hughes forced his way back into the manager's plans after struggling with a groin injury around the turn of the year.

Despite his injury problems he still started 23 games - his most in any given season - and struck up a promising partnership with Gavin Rae.

Much has been expected of the Motherwell-born star this season although he has faced extra competition for his place in the shape of Alex Rae and Fernando Ricksen.

As soon as Shug arrived at Rangers at the tender age of 16 he was tipped to go all the way to the top.

Within his first season he had already made his mark on the manager and was handed his debut against Hearts at Ibrox in May 2000.

Injury stopped the youngster making more first team appearances that season but he was handed full time promotion to the first team in the summer of 2001.

Hughes has the ability to get beyond the stikers and also passes the ball very well which makes him a terrific prospect for the years ahead.

feck me.

leicester city? more like leicester sweaty...

FOXES SNAP UP HUGHES

Leicester City have today (Monday) agreed an initial fee of £100,000 with Glasgow Rangers for Stephen Hughes.

The 22-year-old midfielder is set to sign a three-and-a-half year contract at the Walkers Stadium.

The total value of the deal could rise to £200,000 depending on appearance-related instalments.

City are hoping to complete the necessary paperwork this evening and Hughes will be unveiled to the press on Tuesday lunchtime.

The Motherwell-born star has made 15 appearances for Alex McLeish’s men this season and has two goals to his name – both coming in the 4-0 Scottish Premier Division victory over Livingston in August.

Despite struggling with injuries last term, Hughes still started 23 games – his most in any given season - and struck up a promising partnership with Gavin Rae.

Hughes arrived at Rangers at the tender age of 16.

Not bad,not bad at all from what I've seen of him which admittely isn't that much.He does seem a bit injury prone but he might have just been unlucky.Bit surprised Rangers let him go actually but hopefully another good signinig.By the way MK He will be CL's first 'Scottish' signing none of the other 4 are Scottish :wink:

Well, he's here now so will get behind him - but it does concern me that, once again, we seem to have picked up an injury-prone signing...

Never used to happen but recently (OK last decade) we had/have Eadie, Ullathorne, Jones, Morris, Williams, Tiatto and now De Vries and Hughes. and that's just off the top of my head.

It's different if they get injured once they're here (which in fariness perhaps Ullathorne and Jones were), but we seem to buying-in this sort of liability..

I stand to be corrected (and hope I bloody am !!)

Sounds like a fookin good signing to me. Injuries are in the past so its a clean slate...think of it that way! Highly rated and sounds solid.

E-I-E-I-E-I-O

COME ON CITY :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

He likes to get forward and as regards injuries I don't believe we are the only club to suffer from serious injuries to players.I think he is over his injuries now and he is only young,Rangers rated him but now Ferguson is more or less back for them I don't think he stands a chance of getting a game,Rangers do tend to like there older type players not renowned for bringing through the youth.

**** me!
i was just thinkin to myself "i really enjoy that foxes forum but i never have anything to say cos i dont know enough about them"
well....

uve picked up a quality signing there! im gobsmacked, and especially for 100k! seriously, hes a quality player. he does like to attack and be positive but altho he doesnt look it, being a skinny wee blonde lad, hes a tackler too.

dam u levein, we could have had him!

absolute bargain

My sweaty friends tell me he's very left footed, and a pretty solid all round player

Centre mid with Williams or left side ?

We do not wish to know about your 'sweaty' friends,keep that to yourself thank you besides I doubt you have any....friends that is :wink:

The only sweaty friends you have are your palms

Sounds interesting. Hope he proves a good signing. Were any other teams after him?

MKFox said:
feck me.

Ummmm, although really he's the first actual Scot we've signed since Adams signed Canero... :wink:

alex said:
MKFox said:
feck me.

Ummmm, although really he's the first actual Scot we've signed since Adams signed Canero... :wink:

Could have sworn that Gareth Williams was a Scot...... despite the welsh name

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670