new r?le for hume

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanxfox

I would like to suggest that Hume is given a new roll next season as an attacking midfielder - although he was our leading goalscorer last season we are lacking in midfield and imo with his energy and eye for goal he would be well suited in this position

Re: new roll for hume

I would like to suggest that Hume is given a new roll next season as an attacking midfielder - although he was our leading goalscorer last season we are lacking in midfield and imo with his energy and eye for goal he would be well suited in this position

Is that the one he wears the patch over! Eye for goal my arse! More like eye for Row Z! Banjo, cow's arse, side of a barn etc.

I agree he should be in midfield because he is not good enough to lead the line.

Re: new roll for hume

Is that the one he wears the patch over! Eye for goal my arse! More like eye for Row Z! Banjo, cow's arse, side of a barn etc.

I agree he should be in midfield because he is not good enough to lead the line.

Not a fan of Hume's I take it Mike?:icon_lol:

He runs around a lot. He challenges well in the air, often beating a taller defender, but he has a lot of weaknesses apart from his shooting. His first touch lay offs are a joke, he makes about one in five. When he wins a header it rarely goes towards our players or space they could run into. And it annoys me intensely that a sizeable section of the crowd Huuuuume him every time he misses, nowhere near even being on target, as if it was some great accomplishment. If Hendo or Logan let in 3 easy goals every game, the crowd would demand their scrotums be nailed to the crossbar! Hume misses 3 easy chances every game and some of the crowd think he is wonderful!
Hume rant over!

I would like to see Hume played in one of the wide midfield berths in a 4 4 2 formtion, he is pacy and skilful and has all the attributes of a winger, he also played in that position for Tranmere. Failing that play him behind the front two in a free role in a 4-3-1-2 or 3-4-1-2 formation.

Allen didn't like playing agaisnt Hume when he played right wing for Tranmerre, so it is a real possibility of him playing there this season.

14 goals in a crap team....I fail to see why people should criticise in retrospective.
Because of the amount the over rated cnut wasted. The problem isn't the amount he scores, it's the amount he doesn't.

Re: old r?le for hume!!

Because of the amount the over rated cnut wasted. The problem isn't the amount he scores, it's the amount he doesn't.

But if he scored all of his chance then he would be playing for Man U or Chelsea, maybe not them but a Prem team anyway. :102:

Although I do believe that he can work on parts of his game and that if he improved them it would make him a very very good player, probably too good for Leicester City. You can't moan at 14 goals from someone who is not an out and out striker in a very poor team.

I would however like to see him played on the wing as I believe his natural attributes are more suited to that position.

Last edited:
every fecker moaned about MDV, and his scoring ratio was better than Humes.
A lot of our fans are pathetic IMO.........

Last edited:
I didn't moan about MDV. I thought MDV was better than Hume, and you are right he did score goals. I would welcome MDV back into the team. Nobody seems to know who he fell out with in the first place to be farmed out to Holland.

it might help Hume if he got a decent striker alongside him and a midfield who could pass the ball to him

it might help Hume if he got a decent striker alongside him and a midfield who could pass the ball to him

i agree with that too but i saw him play on the wing for his old team and boy was he fast ,he would move down the wing then cut in to cross or shoot IMO it would be good for him to have that role with 2 good strikers for him to feed/work off let hume be the floating player in the box

every fecker moaned about MDV, and his scoring ratio was better than Humes.
A lot of our fans are pathetic IMO.........

The same fans who are slating our new signings before they have even kicked a ball in anger for us ....

are you going this season :102:

Not sure yet Newts, work commitments are going to make it more difficult to get to home games. It is unlikely I will get a season ticket but will probably try to attend 5 or 6 home games and try to get to about 10 or so away matches.

As they have cost only wages, I think our signings are all good so far. Obviously it will not be until Martin has decided he has a full squad that we will find out whether a player such as Cort is leading the line or striker number 3. I would be surprised if Martin chose Hume/Fryatt as his lead strike pair though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566