New sponsor

The Trust are disappointed to learn that the new shirt sponsorship deal is with BC.GAME, an organisation which profits from gambling....

And 40 years ago Ind Coope were our shirt sponsors and I don’t remember seeing a huge increase in AA membership or drunks in the street.
I did however strongly disapprove of the number of PayDay companies getting on to shirts exploiting the poor with loan rates of 1500% from the likes of Wonga and the rest of the crooks.

Christ, these people don’t live in the real world

“It doesn’t feel like who LCFC are to have a gambling website on our shirts and seems to be another step away from our ‘well run family club’ reputation.”

People overreach themselves (as the numpty’s put it) with alcohol, food, etc. people have shopping addictions and addictions to the internet. Would they be on their moral high-horse if we have Google, or Tesco, or Heinz on our shirt?

It’s ****ing 2024. People gamble online. And some abuse that. It’s the modern equivalent of spending all afternoon in the bookies. Would they have been clutching their pearls back in the day if William Hill had sponsored our shirt?

If it's a legitimate gambling firm I'm less bothered. This FBS and whatever shit we have now I'm against as it's exactly the sort of shit that could come back and bite us on the arse. Is it actually a company or just a vehicle for moving money etc etc.

If I was a billionaire who owned a club I’d get a price from the most unscrupulous ****ers so that I could then sponsor my own shirt with spoof names and say it is a fair price.

Instead of Bet Fair, we’d have Bet Midler.

Get kids addicted to Wind Beneath my Wings. Ruin some lives that way.

What a croc of shit.

Condolences on the fact that her husband died from a gambling-related suicide.

What does that have to do with Leicester having a gambling company’s logo on their shirts? Nothing.

The gambling industry is not evil. Why shouldn’t it be defended? For the vast majority of people who partake in gambling, it’s a harmless, fun pastime. Some people get addicted and evidently a very very small number of them take their lives. So, we should ban advertising something that for the majority of people is harmless entertainment? That’s ridiculous.

If I lost a loved one to alcohol, it would be, hell I don’t even know what the term is I’m looking for, of me to think that my loved one’s addiction should lead to Leicester City, or indeed a whole ****ing sporting league severing ties with the whole alcohol industry.

Christ, these people don’t live in the real world

“It doesn’t feel like who LCFC are to have a gambling website on our shirts and seems to be another step away from our ‘well run family club’ reputation.”

People overreach themselves (as the numpty’s put it) with alcohol, food, etc. people have shopping addictions and addictions to the internet. Would they be on their moral high-horse if we have Google, or Tesco, or Heinz on our shirt?

It’s ****ing 2024. People gamble online. And some abuse that. It’s the modern equivalent of spending all afternoon in the bookies. Would they have been clutching their pearls back in the day if William Hill had sponsored our shirt?
It's the latest moral crusade. In other words, a narrative led by people who want absolutely everything that they don't personally enjoy to be banned for everyone else.

Of course, the fact that prohibition of anything enjoyed by large numbers of people has only ever lead to organised crime making billions & becoming a massive influence on the societies they exist in is of no concern to them. They just move on to their next bugbear, tut at the horror of it all & write a strongly worded comment on Mail Online.

Of course, gambling is todays ultimate evil...because a small percentage of people have a problem.

Except the lottery of course. The one form of gambling that the most people engage in.

That isn't being included in ANY of the discussed legislation (other than to quite unequivocally state that it won't be affected) Ooooh...I wonder why that could be ?

Laughable. Hypocritical beyond belief & completely in tune with this stupid ****ing century.

I'd quite like to believe that the PL is the primary driver behind some of the worst aspects of the club. Raising ticket prices to £72 a match, choosing reprehensible and dodgy AF shirt sponsors, forcing membership on a fanbase that isn't really big enough to require it - they could all be explained away as a desperate attempt to comply with the the profit and sustainability rules.

Problem is, we're only having to do these things because the club has been mismanaged terribly over the past 5+ years and so blaming the PL would really only turn the spotlight back on the idiots in charge.

I’ve already renewed my season ticket.

If it wasn’t for the intrinsic link between Leicester games, family and friends, I’d post it straight back.

****ing hypocrite.

Such a principled article about the immorality of gambling. I’ll take a stand by writing a pious article on my website. Look at me, I’m really sticking it to the club. They’ve crossed a line with me…. I’ll still turn up to every game tho cos I’d miss hanging out with my mates.

Tosser..

Interesting if you look at the Gambling Commission's website, the UK operations seem to be linked with the shirt sponsors of a lot of other EPL clubs:

1720439161845.png

Interesting if you look at the Gambling Commission's website, the UK operations seem to be linked with the shirt sponsors of a lot of other EPL clubs:

A gambling company with close ties to many Premier League shirt sponsors has been issued with a fine of more than £300,000 by the UK gambling operator.

The Gambling Commission has found TGP Europe Limited guilty of anti-money laundering (AML) and social responsibility failures between April 2020 and August 2022 when it had links to many top flight teams, and issued the firm with a £316,250 fine.

Usually you would now see a company come out with a statement along the lines of ‘In view of the regulator fine to our shirt sponsor for money laundering’, we are exercising the ‘bringing the club into disrepute clause’, and terminating the contract.
… or we just stay quiet and keep the money!

P Pld Pts
1Liverpool718
2Manchester C  717
3Arsenal717
4Chelsea613
5Aston Villa613
6Newcastle712
7Fulham711
8Tottenham 610
9Brentford710
10Brighton69
11Nottm F69