New striker/Rumours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO Trundle would capture the imagination of the fans. Showboating or not he is a quality player.

DurhamFox said:
No I agree HF, someone proven most likely and probably only on loan.

Solskjaer is back soon,needs some 'matches'.....I am joking;)

Hasnt Trundle signed a Beckhamesque imaging rights deal with Swansea where he gets a percentage of all sales with his name/face on. i also read somewhere that the sale of merchadise with his name on made up a staggering amount of swanseas income. So i am guessing any transfer fee would have to compensate for that.

If we are to sign a new striker, I would like it to be a player who is proven, Hume and Hammond both have potential, so to take another risk and sign a player who has yet to play at our level would be too big a gamble, I would like to see us try and sign Matt Jansen or maybe even try for somebody like Marcus Bent, who looks like he is starting to fall out of favour at Everton.

Whoever we sign, if we do at all, will IMO be signed on loan.

PFKAKTF FOX said:
Whoever we sign, if we do at all, will IMO be signed on loan.

What's the score with the transfer window? Presumably to get someone in now it would have to be loan anyway?

Joe_Fox said:
Lee Trundell anybody?

Trundle was an option last jan/feb when he was relatively unproven...now he is most cetainly out of our price range.

We had our window, it is gone.:icon_conf

I forgot Jeffers was at Rangers so thats him out of the equation.Wait til January see how we go.Could do worse than Horsfield IMO.

highland fox said:
I forgot Jeffers was at Rangers so thats him out of the equation.Wait til January see how we go.Could do worse than Horsfield IMO.

Indeed but West Brom won't let him go...he is their leading goalscorer!

SilverFox said:
Indeed but West Brom won't let him go...he is their leading goalscorer!

Probably right SF but he's not their first choice.

If I were a betting man I would say it still won't happen though. Hows your bad self Highland? Good?

I see Leveins efforts to boost the goal tallys of Hammond and Hume was not vastly successful. Neither got on the scoresheet for the reserves.

Its good that they are getting more practice though. I do feel like it is just a matter of time with Hume. And Hammond also has all the necessary attributes.

Perhaps what Levein needs is a striking coach. There was a time in football where teams didn't just give up if their strikers were not the finished article. I remember a time when striking coaches imparted their knowledge and youngsters improved.

Get Lineker in to teach them some technique! Seriously! What harm could trying to develop our players do...they might actually get better.:icon_lol:

SilverFox said:
If I were a betting man I would say it still won't happen though. Hows your bad self Highland? Good?

Fair to middling SF enjoying London town? My brother lives in Roehampton and works on the North End Road in Fulham,anywhere near you ?/
If we can't get a striker in don't you think it maybe worth trying Hume in the attacking Midfielder role and MDV and Hammond upfront.Hume likes to have a 'pop' from outside the box...........might work:102:
Wouldn't hurt to stick Chambers on the bench once in a while either IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670