New striker/Rumours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think hammond is or will ever be a quality striker but he has got a lot of pace so why not use it in another area of the pitch,I seem to remember alot of people moaning about sylla and his effort (which i agree with) so why not play hammond on the wing with his pace on one side and smiths skill on the other surely if that does not create enough chances for hume nothing will.I also think we need a proven striker to come in quickly we have got plenty of unproven players at the club which may be good for the future but is not helping us now.

Can't believe it but Highlands talking alot of sense :icon_wink , well I agree with him on the Hume idea. I feel he would fill the void that is missing in that position at the moment without changing formation, but not the long term solution, with Joey or Kisnorbo next to him to do the defensive role Hume has enough quality and energy to do the job and create things, he has some nice little touches and shown he can pass and does like to close down aswell. As Steven pointed out when we signed him, he was more of an attacking midfielder than striker at Tranmere.
If then it needs a shake up put him upfront and he is already used to the pace of the game.
Hughes is the key IMO and his showings this season have been hampered by injury, even when he was playing he was carring a knock or two. He and Hume seem to have a very good understanding even though they have not played in many games together. The best front two IMO are MDV and Hume, but do feel Hume could give us the extra needed at the moment in midfield.

ok so if we play hume in Attacking mid. where does that leave hughes? wont mention williams cos u scum bags hate him

Nathan said:
ok so if we play hume in Attacking mid. where does that leave hughes? wont mention williams cos u scum bags hate him

When he's fit back in the team.Hume in Midfield is just an option while hughes is out.

Nathan said:

He replaces Hume in midfield when he is fit and Hume replaces Elvis. I was not saying he was the long term solution, (I am not a Williams hater, the opposite if you read my posts) but at the mo Williams is not delievering what he should be and something different is needed and IMO (and Highlands ;) ) Hume could give us that.

there was a time delay as the phone rang whilst I was typing so didn't see Highlands post

Do you remeber how devastated I was when Connolly left?!?!

Still feeling that! :mad:

Nathan said:

Scum bags? Hate him? You sure?

hate is a bit strong i dont hate any of our players its just that williams seems to have a bit of an attitude problem

Gareth Williams at times is sublime and at others ridiculous. To be honest I think a Premiership club would serve him better, no grit.

he's too calssy for this division then?

could be right. his passing and vision are his big assets. you dont get much of that in in the championship, you need muscle and determination to boss a midfield. perhaps he'd do well at man city. if he does go.

drummindefender said:
alrite silv hows it goin long time no speak u old hoff loving dog

I'm not bad drummin me old mate. At the moment I have my nose in a lot of Revenue law books, which is bloody awful to say the least. Lots and lots of work down here, and I am missing my beloved Leicester, though I still travel back for the home games!

How about you me duck? Good.

SilverFox said:
Do you think I could change my name to SilverHoff:icon_bigg :icon_redf
i think you shud :icon_bigg im alrite mate coping with this a level molarky and got my first 2 uni offers so thats all good! hope ur enjoyin ur new life down in london town!

drummindefender said:
i think you shud :icon_bigg im alrite mate coping with this a level molarky and got my first 2 uni offers so thats all good! hope ur enjoyin ur new life down in london town!

Cool, where do you want to go?!? I went to Liverpool uni (as did the mighty Joe Fox, who could tell you a few stories about Double vision), and I highly recommend it.

Went to get my hair cut the other day and the bloke had never heard of Craig LEvein. They are a bit detached with reality these chelski fans!

SilverFox said:
Cool, where do you want to go?!? I went to Liverpool uni (as did the mighty Joe Fox, who could tell you a few stories about Double vision), and I highly recommend it.

Went to get my hair cut the other day and the bloke had never heard of Craig LEvein. They are a bit detached with reality these chelski fans!
not sure yet have got offers so far from birmingham and cardiff also applied to newcastle leeds nottingham (lads i needed a 6th choice :icon_wink) and york

drummindefender said:
not sure yet have got offers so far from birmingham and cardiff also applied to newcastle leeds nottingham (lads i needed a 6th choice :icon_wink) and york

I told you Liverpool! Quality uni!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670