New Striker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steven

On FT they are speculating that David Healy is going to join us. :icon_eek: :102: :icon_wink

On FT they are speculating that David Healy is going to join us. :icon_eek: :102: :icon_wink

On East Midlands Today this evening they claimed MM said the club were working flat out to bring another striker in on loan.

Would prefer Nugent. ;)

Healy would be a superb signing, real poacher will score a bagful if we can be creative.

...as long as It's NOT Dennis Healy.... need someone to put it in the old onion bag....

OY BOC........

How many fecking players can we bring in on loan during a season, I make Healy 9 if its true.....:102:

OY BOC........

How many fecking players can we bring in on loan during a season, I make Healy 9 if its true.....:102:

What I found says 8. Could one or both of the goalkeepers have been recorded as an emergency loan?

I think this explains it....

The rules covering loans in this division are different from those in the Premier League and I don’t envy those who have to interpret them. The duration of a standard loan is the time between the transfer windows so either half a season or a full season. Recalling a player is only allowed in full season loans except for keepers in exceptional circumstances.

But there are also emergency loans for between 28 and 93 days where recalls are allowed after the first 28 days. Pay attention, there will be a test later!

The rule book states you can only have five loan players in your squad of 16 (something Leeds got wrong last year) and you can have no more than four loans from one club.

You can have a maximum of eight standard loans in a season, but of these no more than four can be aged under 23. No more than two over 23 year old players can join from one club per season, but for some reason a player from overseas is not registered as a loan.

Well, I’m sure that that has cleared things up for everyone. The actual deal, and who pays what, is between the clubs. In some cases a club will pay a fee to take a player on loan and pick up all of the player’s wages, in other cases it may just be some, or all of the wages, but no fee. Each club has to weigh up what is best for them financially, as well as how loans will help long term development and prevent short term frustration for players who can’t get in the first team...........

What I found says 8. Could one or both of the goalkeepers have been recorded as an emergency loan?

we are at 9 as it stands

1. Fullop
2. Clarke
3. John
4. Clapham
5. Bori
6. Salty
7. Hendrie
8. Alnwick
9. Etuhu whohoo

and I bet I have missed some out as well

Last edited:
we are at 9 as it stands

1. Fullop
2. Clarke
3. John
4. Clapham
5. Bori
6. Salty
7. Hendrie
8. Alnwick
9. Etuhu whohoo

and I bet I have missed some out as well

If you read my bit, then it seems to suggest that players from overseas (i.e. bori) dont count!

Last edited:
If you read my bit, then it seems to suggest that players from overseas (i.e. bori) dont count!

Same would apply to Zsolt.

He's far to good for us, i have been thinking for ages that he's one player i would love to have in our team, 100 times the striker of any of our lot.

We probably would not be where we are now if we had him from the start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669