New Training Ground

Status
Not open for further replies.
They could probably get a good few quid for the site though as it's quite large. A housing developer would love to get their hands on it.

I am slightly surprised they do want to move as I've always heard players/managers say that we have great facilities in terms of our stadium AND training ground.

Last edited:
They could probably get a good few quid for the site though as it's quite large. A housing developer would love to get their hands on it.

I am slightly surprised they do want to move as I've always heard players/managers say that we have great facilities in terms of our stadium AND training ground.

I think Lee Hoos identified some problems there are. He mentions the pitches are different sizes and on different levels. Sports science appears to be taking over the game more and more, and he also mentions our building is not ideal.

I've been to the dome, and it's a shit tip!

An excellent move IMO, and i'm delighted the club are looking at options such as this.

On the face of it, it looks like an ambitious move. They probably got an offer they couldn't refuse for Belvoir Drive, which has long been coveted by developers.

On the face of it, it looks like an ambitious move. They probably got an offer they couldn't refuse for Belvoir Drive, which has long been coveted by developers.

Is it not classed as green belt?

Last edited:
Is it not classed as green belt?

If it was I wouldn't have thought they'd have been able to build the training ground on it in the first place?

Asset stripping already.... must be desperate for cash.

Asset stripping already.... must be desperate for cash.

Nail. Head. Hit.

The only meaningful asset the club has left is being sold. When you're circa £40m in debt and looking to spend some more this summer, I guess that's the only thing left to do.

They can say what they like about the facilities there. It's all tosh.

Wouldnt be surprised by that. I dont where on Leicester you would get hold of a suitable piece of land like the one they have. If the facilities they are have are inept surely you wuld improve what you have? When i think of the YMCA and Bentleys sports who lost their grounds to accomodate this facility. And the money invested in improvements then the only justifiable decosion would be to generate cash. There is fair old whack of land there.

Wouldnt be surprised by that. I dont where on Leicester you would get hold of a suitable piece of land like the one they have. If the facilities they are have are inept surely you wuld improve what you have? When i think of the YMCA and Bentleys sports who lost their grounds to accomodate this facility. And the money invested in improvements then the only justifiable decosion would be to generate cash. There is fair old whack of land there.

BG's back garden ?

It is clearly asset stripping, there is nothing like buying more players to generate cash, classic slippery slope blah blah etc etc

Maybe they'll move to Loughborough Uni, it's probably a lot cheaper to share their facilities and they've trained there before.

Lough is currently all sports other than football + has no pitches.......but are currently building pitches between the Campus and Holywell park
Doubt they would get exclusive use though

still it does add up

+ agree with the assest stripping & 40m debt

I just hope someone takes care of Mad Dogs Blue and White flowering plants he got

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669