New Years Honours list

Status
Not open for further replies.
How can you slag off Gary Glitter if you have not heard his story, or do you just believe everything people tell you on forums like this.
If I see a story that interests me I'll go and research it.

Please stop having a go at me about other matters and explain why I should respect this person.

Awards should be given to people who deserve them, not ****ing sportsmen and the like. These people get paid well to do their sports so lets leave it at that. Giving out a knighthood for riding a ****ing bike really annoys me, and giving out other honours for swimming is a joke.

Thats a fair shout imo.

What? not even if he rides his bike very very quickly and makes thousands of British feel glad to be British for a few minutes. Some sportspeople can deserve them. I think I should get a knighthood for trying to communicate with the rabble on this forum.

What? not even if he rides his bike very very quickly and makes thousands of British feel glad to be British for a few minutes. Some sportspeople can deserve them. I think I should get a knighthood for trying to communicate with the rabble on this forum.

**** him..... he was scottish.

I am not british, I am English. I will never cheer for something a jock, taff or paddy does, they are nothing to do with me.

I think the new year's honours list is British, so don't let it worry you.

I reckon your nationality is British not English - check in your passport. You are both, as well as European, Terran, Leicesterian (probably) etc...

If I see a story that interests me I'll go and research it.

Please stop having a go at me about other matters and explain why I should respect this person.

Why dont you have a go at reading the link, if you cant work it out then i'm not going to prompt you. Your response in the first place was to be antagonistic so i will treat your replies with the contempt they deserve.
Your claim to having not seen any newspapers or tv in the last few years defies any logic to your opinions on many posts on this forum.
Frankly i'd enjoy a debate, but you like one or two others on here stretch it beyond a level of reasonable debating, to a point where you just argue to be controversial and tommy opposite.
Feel free to have the final word ( you usually do )

Why dont you have a go at reading the link, if you cant work it out then i'm not going to prompt you. Your response in the first place was to be antagonistic so i will treat your replies with the contempt they deserve.
Your claim to having not seen any newspapers or tv in the last few years defies any logic to your opinions on many posts on this forum.
Frankly i'd enjoy a debate, but you like one or two others on here stretch it beyond a level of reasonable debating, to a point where you just argue to be controversial and tommy opposite.
Feel free to have the final word ( you usually do )
You called me disrespectful, hence that means you believe I should hold some respect for this guy. I would like to know why, that's all.

I firmly believe respect grows or diminishes the more you get to know somebody or the more you learn about them. I have a default setting that I'm also trying to teach my children and that is to respect every other human being for simply being that, another human being, be they black, white, male, female, young, old and so on.

As they get to know that person they can alter their respect levels to suit.

As you know, I'm struggling to understand why I should respect somebody purely for their age, or what I first "assume" to be just for their age.

You have a differing opinion that you believe I should also share. Out of respect to you I'm choosing not to ignore you, but asked to be educated to your beliefs and why you think I should share them.

I think the new year's honours list is British, so don't let it worry you.

I could not get excited about something a jock has done, even if he was English, I could not get a good feeling as he was only riding a ****ing bike.

I reckon your nationality is British not English - check in your passport. You are both, as well as European, Terran, Leicesterian (probably) etc...

**** what a passport says, I am ENGLISH and nothing else.

I could not get excited about something a jock has done, even if he was English, I could not get a good feeling as he was only riding a ****ing bike.

I can understand that. Personally the little I've seen and read of him he seems to be a nice down to earth guy who has put in a lot of effort to do what he has done and he has brought a good feeling to a lot of people. I don't disagree with your hypothesis in general just with Hoy being the case in particular. There are many who get honours that I wouldn't give them to.

Not even when one of them wins us silverware in a major trophy? Twice?

Super Steve was and still is English, and Mr Elliott is very much English despite playing for the jocks. He did get sent off in one match though.

I don't mind Chris Hoy getting a knighthood, but I think they should have waited until he retired.

What if he's still competing in 2012 and he wins 4 gold medals, what are they going to give him then?

I don't mind Chris Hoy getting a knighthood, but I think they should have waited until he retired.

What if he's still competing in 2012 and he wins 4 gold medals, what are they going to give him then?

Fort William?

Dont they give ' legends ' freedom of the town/city where they come from.

Not sure what use that will be to Chrissy babe though

oldmanofhoylz1.jpg

Super Steve was and still is English, and Mr Elliott is very much English despite playing for the jocks. He did get sent off in one match though.

Yeah, right, sorry BG. Mo'N had nothing at all to do with those fine days out did he. Silly me :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

P Pld Pts
1Manchester C  412
2Arsenal410
3Newcastle410
4Liverpool49
5Aston Villa49
6Brighton48
7Nottm F48
8Chelsea47
9Brentford46