Post Match Newcastle 1 Leicester 1 - won on penalties

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fat hairy catpuss can **** off. He'll be hounded out of town soon enough.

Is anyone else concerned by 8 shots on target over the four games this season? An average of 2 shots on target per game. Against not exactly sterling opposition.

We seem to have gone from an exciting team back to a dull team this season. I know it’s early days but I’m starting to question whether what we’ve seen so far this season is actually any better than Puel ball?

Did he also catch Bruce's nose on the follow through?
Shit managers always find something other than results and their own shitness to talk about.

Is anyone else concerned by 8 shots on target over the four games this season? An average of 2 shots on target per game. Against not exactly sterling opposition.

We seem to have gone from an exciting team back to a dull team this season. I know it’s early days but I’m starting to question whether what we’ve seen so far this season is actually any better than Puel ball?
Quite honestly, it is not.

I think we've been more wasteful than not creating stuff. Get the ball in the box and it's ballooned wide....players go on runs where they go in so fingers crossed that starts happening.

No. Good football isn't about having loads and loads of shots.

I’m sure I’ve heard Rodgers be quite clear that he wants to start us off being solid in the back and build from there. That seems entirely sensible particularly as the results have been good so far. Puel-ball was leading to defeats against pretty much most of the bottom half of the table, both in the run that got him the sack and the run at the end of his first season.

Rodgers has also been pretty clear that he’s not been satisfied with how quickly the passing and forward play is happening.

He didn’t take Liverpool to the brink of the title playing dull football and I’m sure that’s not his intention here.

No. Good football isn't about having loads and loads of shots.
Do you think we’ve played good football so far this season?

A comment under the BBC's match report:

no idea wy lecester took this seriously..... now they hav tyred legs for the regulation 6 pointer on saturday against bornmouth......
dumb managerment from brendon roger........!!!!!!!!
newcastle are rubbish they will regulated this seaosn..... smal club so no big lose to the mighty prem...... rather burnly or sheffied go down though..... oh well... life gfoes on...

just my 2-sense

It's RODGERS, FFS.

A comment under the BBC's match report:

It's RODGERS, FFS.
The spelling is pretty shocking without reference to his name.
I do like the idea of Newcastle being regulated though. :D Perhaps Mike Ashley will be heavily fined by the FCA;)

Very much so. I'd stay we've gone backwards.

Saying that we're still unbeaten. So I'm hoping that it clicks soon.

Weve incorporated 2 or 3 new players into the starting XI. New system, lost Maguire and had injuries to Chilwell and Ndidi and yet we are unbeaten and 4th in the early season table despite a run of away games. Chelsea away, a buoyed Sheff Utd at a place they've not lost at hardly in 12mths and Newcastle after just beating spurs.
Let's be happy

Weve incorporated 2 or 3 new players into the starting XI. New system, lost Maguire and had injuries to Chilwell and Ndidi and yet we are unbeaten and 4th in the early season table despite a run of away games. Chelsea away, a buoyed Sheff Utd at a place they've not lost at hardly in 12mths and Newcastle after just beating spurs.
Let's be happy

Your right we should be happy. We've had a good start. I guess my disappointment comes from us not hitting the heights of last season. (Probably not fair) in terms of performances. One my biggest concerns is how Teilemans is either completely off form or just not fitting into the system we're trying to play. He's the sort of player we should be building a team around. But he's been poor this season IMO.

Edit: just to add my other concern is how Vardy is not getting involved in games at all. We've seen our best results when Vardy is involved and firing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669