Post Match Newcastle 2 Leicester 0 - EFL Cup QF

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the worst overall performances collectively and individually I can recall for a very long time.

Brendan is a cancerous turd and has turned a very good team into a rabble.

I think he has lost the dressing room.

Sack the smarmy **** NOW.

It was never this bad under Puel

Deary me. That was appalling. Truly dire. Tielemans aside.. But the rest? Deary me. I mean, WTAF?

I've not watched any of that because I've lost interest. It's all gone shit.

I've lost interest to the point I'll not be going again until the manager is gone.

The boards inactivity has got me to the point of disinterest.

It's criminal
Were you to be speaking on behalf of the current squad, I’d believe you. The lack of interest in what happens game to game, whether real or perceived, is criminal. How far we have fallen.

"leicester should be brave enough to sell anyone who does not want to stay in January" this quote is from BR in the athletic

That was pretty much the best line up we can currently field.

& we created almost nothing. Thing is, its been our underlying process for over 2 years now. We normally create very little. In the past we've been saved by being exceptionally clinical with what we do create.
Sadly, that was 60% or more due to one player. Vardy. A lot of the rest was Maddison. Now that JV isn't a factor, & will become less & less of one , we are exposed for what we are. We have no creativity whatsoever.

If we create almost nothing in games WITH Tielemans & Maddison in the side...well, it doesn't need stating really.

The entire squad needs rebuilding from the ground up & thats not happening. & I wouldn't want it doing under Rodgers even if it were possible. This is all the end result of 3 years of mismanagement at board level & prioritising spending away from the playing side. It was always going to be a risk, & it isn't paying off.

We just have to hope that for the next couple of seasons there are 3 to 5 teams in the league that are so ****ing awful they can't finish above us...& that we can lure in a manager who can build a squad.

Oh...& just to rub it in, in the one recent game (Fulham) where we DID create plenty, we couldn't finish anything. Sod's law.

The break because of the blood money cup was like a giant reset to shite button was pressed.

I don’t care anymore. I got very frustrated. The obvious thing to do has been obvious for around 12 months now. I can’t be fretting over shit the owners of the club can’t be arsed with. If we go down we go down.

Watching the Newcastle dressing room, feels a long time since we looked anything as together as that...

Outside of the ****ing clown show at our club, Spurs are being bought by Qatar.

We’re a turd floating in an ocean of ****ing toxic waste.

**** football.

'The best team lost'​

FT: Newcastle 2-0 Leicester
8115d491-a9dd-4238-9034-d6e56b2cbca4.jpg

Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers, speaking to BBC Radio 5 live: "The best team lost. We are delighted with the goals we conceded. We gave away two lovely soft goals. We had some real quality in our play if I'm honest and the players had to give everything to make sure we lost.
"We had a few chances in the game, good chances we could have scored from but they mostly fell to an old man pretending to still be capable of playing at this level.
"I am only focussed on my own reputation. And I miss Kolo."

We’re reaping what we’ve sown for the last several years. The square root of nowt. The tone has been set by the obvious lack of interest and ambition shown by all at the club from the Top. Frustration at this has now turned to apathy. In every way, we’re now old and stale but can’t or won’t do anything about it. Sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363