Post Match Newcastle 2 Leicester 0 - EFL Cup QF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes we did. But over a prolonged period of time, I still maintain that as shit as it was, the team is worse under Rodgers than it was under Puel.
I tend to agree. The (seemingly) only things saving BR from the sack at the moment are (either):
  1. We can't afford to sack him
  2. He has spells where the team picks up a string of results before returning to mediocrity
Seriously though, if Newcastle had beaten us about 8-0, the score wouldn't have flattered them. THAT was truly dreadful bar Tielemans and Ward. Words fail me in trying to describe Barnes and his ineptitude.

Maybe the players are now ''downing tools'' to speed up his sacking? I wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Double figure players out injured again, most with similar type's of injuries is no coincidence. Players 'out in the cold' for no apparent reason, and then they are back as a starter rather than a sub. It is all a ****ing mess it seems and as others have said, I turned the 'match' off yesterday and I can't ever recall doing that in my entire life.

I agree with many of the aforementioned things. We are unfit, almost certainly contributing to injuries in matches and in training. We have seen how the players are capable of playing, in past seasons and pre-WC-shitshow.
They are all demotivated, disenchanted, confused and with couldn't-care-less attitudes. The owners have "more important" things to worry about. However, the brunt of the blame has to fall on the manager. We didn't have a good team on paper when we won the league. We had team spirit, a "band of brothers" etc., and a manager who perhaps recognised this and encouraged it.
We can do much better with this smashing bunch of lads, even Vardy and and Barnes. Brendan is up his own arse and only wants his pay-off (tax-free, I guess) to get out and (not) re-invent himself. I would rather we didn't buy any players and get rid of Brendan. Relegation is creeping up, not even stealthily.
What I don't agree with is that we should stop supporting the club etc.. We have suffered plenty of shit in the past and were a yo-yo club for a while. We deserve much better and can achieve it. I, for one, will continue to support the Foxes, whatever their state. If I support another club, which I do, it is because I live in a different location, and that second club will always remain that.

It's a difficult one....

Forest: Never here the end of it
Man U: entitled tossers
Newcastle: for the sake of football just no

So Southampton it is then.

Definitely, definitely Southampton would be the preference.

I'd probably go for:
Southampton
Newcastle
Forest
Man Utd

I don't really care about Newcastle as a club/their fans - maybe because I don't know any - but the worry is them winning a cup and getting into Europe helps them attract more players and grow, which of course they have the money to do. And rewards their sport washing

But preferable to Forest still?

Definitely, definitely Southampton would be the preference.

I'd probably go for:
Southampton
Newcastle
Forest
Man Utd

I don't really care about Newcastle as a club/their fans - maybe because I don't know any - but the worry is them winning a cup and getting into Europe helps them attract more players and grow, which of course they have the money to do. And rewards their sport washing

But preferable to Forest still?
No, Newcastle is the worst of all possibilities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861