Post Match Newcastle 2 Leicester 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ridiculous that.

What a shit game.

Don't agree with the comments at the end of the match thread that we deserved that - both teams were shit, it was just a nothing game, but we narrowly had the better of it. Newcastle will be wondering how they won.

But for us, that was a very limp performance. We really need our attackers other than Maddison to find some form.
Yeah I think we started really well, Lookman was great, Perez not bad either. Schmeichel gifted them the equaliser and it all went to shit after that.

Thomas was bloody useless, no wonder we prefer a makeshift LB who should be a RB over him in our best 11. Tielemans again, just end the season and get rid - hope that offer comes. Soyuncu and Amartey should both be moved on if possible and replaced. Without Evans and Fofana we are fking shit at defending and even Evans is going to be bit part at best. Last straw for Mendy as well.. he was half asleep - dreadful. Daka also crap. Probably not helped playing in a solo role up top but hes doing very little pressing and run making to stretch the defence. Felt we needed to go 4-4-2 again but we didn't and sure enough in the second half it was equally as flat as the end of the first half. Lots of posession with **** all idea of what to do with it.

Meaningless game, low effort performance and a shite result to follow. Embarrassing to see them celebrate like they won the league really.

Sickening but with this gormless bunch of wankers, not surprising.

I was nodding off at times but KDH was good from what I saw. I'm going out for a shit. The risk of getting caught having a dump in Groby co op, by the freezer section, might wake me up a bit.

I really hope Daka comes good given time.

He's got worse as the season has gone on.

I suspect he's played a lot more than was expected, but even so, he should be doing more than he has been.

If we’d got the point we might have managed to finish 9th… with the loss we’ll probably finish 9th…

Not sure how Daka is getting stick when Thomas was embarrassing. Got turned insight out numerous times. Looked massively out of his depth.

I'd take ASM in our team this summer you know, depending on asking price.

I think we could do with someone so direct and single minded as him to give us a different edge. His workrate isn't great but think with a midfield 3 of Maddison, KDH and Ndidi (what I expect for next season) there's enough workers in there to have a real attack minded winger that's got a bit of magic in them

Not sure how Daka is getting stick when Thomas was embarrassing. Got turned insight out numerous times. Looked massively out of his depth.

Thomas has looked awful for a while.

Another one playing far more than he should've, but I actually don't think he's going to be cut out for a Prem footballer, at least not at the level we hope to be at.

They were ****ing awful and we handed them the points on a silver ****ing platter

Shocking game management from Brendan

Tielemans was truly ****ing awful. Justin was truly ****ing awful. But Daka was truly a ****ing abomination

Lookman played well, but was bizarrely taken off. Perez was at least not awful, but similarly removed. Barnes was truly shit when he came on. Maddison totally wasted on the right

Absolutely insane that we lost that match

Wankers

Thomas has looked awful for a while.

Another one playing far more than he should've, but I actually don't think he's going to be cut out for a Prem footballer, at least not at the level we hope to be at.
I’ve always thought he’s done a good job for someone so young, but today he was shocking.

Wank. Had a shit feeling from the start and we delivered. We just felt nervous, they SO wanted it. Not happy but then wtf so I know. Don’t see them in training

Just can’t bring myself to be that bothered. Was plainly obvious what was going to happen. It simply meant more to them than us.

Nobody got injured. We move on.

I don't get all the fuss about Saint-Maximin, he is exciting with the ball but his final product is missing, a bit like Adama Traore.

I'm disappointed by such a shit game. I've spent the last 24 hours in bed with a sickness bug, had to cancel all BH weekend plans, can't eat any chocolate, have a tempature of 38.5 and I thought - hoped - that game was giving me something to stay awake for.... Boooo!

Even with 8 changes that should have been a fairly straight forward win for us - but our complete lack of purpose and effort in the second - and endless negative sideways and backwards passing - stuffed us again becaused we'd already fallen asleep waiting for the draw.

And if anyone in the starting line up thought they might be able to be in consideration for the Roma match - ( apart from Kasper) - they aren't.
I think Dewsbury-Hall can expect to be in contention for the Roma game. And on current form, Lookman is a much better option than Barnes.

Because the two individual performances have nothing to do with each other? Because two players can both have a crap performance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566