Pre Match Newcastle v Leicester - League Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ward
Justin Morgan Benkovic Chilwell
Tielemans Mendy Praet
Gray Iheanacho Barnes
A completely different back 5 from the last two games. Brave move.

Schmeichel
Justin
Soyuncu
Morgan
Fuchs
Tielemans
Maddison
Praet
Choudhury
Barnes
Iheanacho

I think that'd be my choice.

Yes but a very strong team too. Won't happen, but I'd love to see how they would do.
I’d love to see us win one of the cup competitions this year.

It's not just about saving legs though; it's about opportunity. There should be chances for the likes of Justin and Iheanacho, especially given how the latter performed in pre-season matches and what Rodgers has said about his hard work and attitude so far.
I see your point however I would not want to see wholesale changes yes justin should be given game time and it could possibly be an opportunity to blood some youth lads but not many.
I want us to win and progress in every competition this season will Chillwell be fit?

I see your point however I would not want to see wholesale changes yes justin should be given game time and it could possibly be an opportunity to blood some youth lads but not many.
I want us to win and progress in every competition this season will Chillwell be fit?
Haven't seen a single youth lad in any suggested line up here. No chance.

Haven't seen a single youth lad in any suggested line up here. No chance.
Not even on the bench? that must mean there is no one capable of breaking through this season. My point is we should field a very strong team Bruce will be looking to continue Newcastle momentum, we should be looking to the same for us imo.

Not even on the bench? that must mean there is no one capable of breaking through this season. My point is we should field a very strong team Bruce will be looking to continue Newcastle momentum, we should be looking to the same for us imo.
think I'm the only to pick a bench and I only named either or of the U23 strikers as I assume Vardy will have the night off

Sorry but I don’t see the first round of a cup competition against premier league opposition as an opportunity to play untried players from the U23s. We have to take this seriously and that means sending out a strong team not any of the youth players.

Sorry but I don’t see the first round of a cup competition against premier league opposition as an opportunity to play untried players from the U23s. We have to take this seriously and that means sending out a strong team not any of the youth players.

Is the right answer...

depends if Brendan thinks Lashebala for example, is ready for the first team but we simply have too many in front then playing him isn't a problem, doing it just to do it is a problem

Ward, Morgan, Albrighton and Justin all certain to start.

We may even stretch to Mendy, Benkovic, Gray and Iheanacho if we want to take a gamble.

It's remarkable how often two sides make about the same number of changes in these games. Almost as though the managers speak and agree it in advance.

Anyway, Bruce is expected to rest a few, change keeper, etc. Rodgers has said similar, i.e. some changes.

Ward, Justin, Morgan, Soyuncu, Fuchs, Mendy, Choudhury, Praet, Albrighton, Perez, Barnes

Subs: Jakupovic, Benkovic, Amartey, Gray, Iheanacho, Tielemans, Chilwell

Fuchs can hardly manage one game a week, never mind two, long term, so unless Chilwell is definitely okay for this weekend I would not start with Fuchs.
4-4-2
Ward, Ricardo, Morgan, Soyuncu, Justin, Albrighton, Mendy, Choudhury or N'didi, Gray, Perez, Iheanacho

Subs Jakupovic, Benkovic, Chilwell or Fuchs, Amartey, Tielemans or Maddison, Vardy, Barnes

Not even sure Nacho will play, BR was pretty clear in his interview post Sheff Utd that Gray was on the bench ahead of him due to attitude in training.

Not even sure Nacho will play, BR was pretty clear in his interview post Sheff Utd that Gray was on the bench ahead of him due to attitude in training.
Missed this, but if true Gray will have earned a spot in this match to show his worth - he's not near as bad as some of his detractors on hear say, if he's been receiving (and listening to) some good coaching there should be a place in the squaud

I’d like to see Pérez up front with Barnes and Gray behind him.

If he is match fit, this is an ideal chance to take a look at Benkovic. I'd like to see him get a start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Ipswich4389
2Leicester4288
3Leeds Utd4387
4Southampton4181
5West Brom4372
6Norwich City4371
7Hull City4265
8Coventry City4263