Match Thread Newcastle v Leicester

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are asleep all over the pitch.

These are completely shut, thankfully, a decent side would kill us here as we just aren't at the races.

Truly excellent strike, keeper should do better though.

MMMMMMMMMMMMMaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhrrrrrrrrrrrrrezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Where has all the pace and power in attack we saw against Spurs gone? We look so laboured going forward, over thinking it at every stage. We need to go back to what we know best; attack at speed with bodies bursting forward.

I mean, there's patient build up and then there is strolling around without intent. At the moment, we look to be doing the latter.

I think that we're looking good again going forward. Some nice passing and movement.

The two in midfield are too high up the pitch at times leaving the central defenders exposed. One thing you can't do with Morgan is leave him in the sort of situation that led to their goal. We usually protect him well, but it went badly wrong there.

Nothing has changed for me after that half. Newcastle are there for the taking. We just need to defend better and protect the defence better. We'll create chances.

Well, there was enough shit on display in that first half to make an episode of Hollyoaks.

So many unforced errors by both teams and although there are some nice passes and we look dangerous at times we also look so laboured at others. We need more pace when we push forward, getting bodies in there to support a very isolated Jamie Vardy. Not a bad performance so far (apart from the first 10 minutes of complete madness) but not a particularly impressive one. Let's hope for a better second period.

All over the place again this half

This is a very odd, disjointed performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472