Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every manager we have had has been shit according to most on here, even the ones that had relatively successful stints here!

Anyway how long until we get a new one in as my banner looks pretty poor with a blank space followed by out :(

His squad made the play-offs, we are currently a bottom half team. Regardless of whether he could rejuvenate the squad again and be a step forward, we've gone backwards since he left.

His squad made the play-offs, we are currently a bottom half team. Regardless of whether he could rejuvenate the squad again and be a step forward, we've gone backwards since he left.

He keeps on signing players that are not good enough, like Hobbs, Waghorn, Fryatt, yes we did well under him, the attitude was different and the team was galvanized from a championship winning season, all of that feel good factor is gone now, and the players that we have would need more to get them going.

He keeps on signing players that are not good enough, like Hobbs, Waghorn, Fryatt, yes we did well under him, the attitude was different and the team was galvanized from a championship winning season, all of that feel good factor is gone now, and the players that we have would need more to get them going.

Hobbs, Waghorn and Fryatt are all clearly good enough players in the championship when playing under Pearson.

Hobbs, Waghorn and Fryatt were all good enough under him though. It was under subsequent managership (is this a word? It should be) that they weren't. Pearson did get players like that going who are previous 2 managers couldn't.

There is no "galvanising effect" at Hull, in fact he came into a team on a slump and he has turned them around.

Pearson needs time that we don't have. We need someone to come in and put all these round pegs into round holes, yesterday! The directors won't give him more than a season to reshape. He builds team with determined youngsters and has never had a budget to spend in his life. Hes also stubborn and rather than deal with a problem like Beckford he will just get rid (think Gradel). I think he is a fantastic manager but he simply wouldn't last, we are on another planet from the last time he was here.

Hobbs, Waghorn and Fryatt are all clearly good enough players in the championship when playing under Pearson.

Seriously don't agree, we will see if those players get them up at the end of the season, Fryatt has bagged 3 in 13.

edit: @ kingy

He's spent a decent budget at Hull, he also had a good budget for us in League One (who else could have afforded Tunchev?). I share what you're saying about the lack of time the owners will give him, but where have you gotten the idea that anyone else would come in and turn it around and get us promoted this season? Who would you suggest would be a step forward in this situation then? Who could get us promoted this season?

Last edited:
Seriously don't agree, we will see if those players get them up at the end of the season, Fryatt has bagged 3 in 13.

Fryatt was awesome up until his injury in our Championship season under NP and his game wasn't all about our goals, he was creating pretty much every opportunity we had.

How exactly don't you think Hobbs and Fryatt were good enough for the Championship under NP? Who was then? They were probably our 2 best players that season yet they weren't good enough. Did we just make the top 5 with an entire squad not good enough for the Championship then?

Last edited:
He's spent a decent budget at Hull, he also had a good budget for us in League One (who else could have afforded Tunchev?). I share what you're saying about the lack of time the owners will give him, but where have you gotten the idea that anyone else would come in and turn it around and get us promoted this season? Who would you suggest would be a step forward in this situation then? Who could get us promoted this season?

Thats the millon dollar question. I have no idea myself. All I know is that with our current squad we should be miles ahead of the current top 6.

I think the owners need to dive deeper and find out the real problems within the squad and then use those answers to pick their man. Whether that be squad harmony, relationships, tactics whatever... its going to need a very confident man to do it.

Once he is in place to change round a few cogs we will be flying up that league.

I disagree Kingy, we have a very average Championship squad. I really don't look down our squad and think we should be miles ahead of the current top 6 at all. Our midfield in particular is incredibly mediocre.

Last edited:
I disagree Kingy, we have a very average Championship squad. I really don't look down our squad and think we should be miles ahead of the current top 6 at all. Our midfield in particular is incredibly mediocre.

Agreed, I really can't understand where people get this Idea from. I would say we have a good starting 11, when they can be bothered, but we have no strength in depth. The squad may be a good size, but the quality is not there, and as Prof says, the midfield is simply not good enough.

I agree there are too many similar type players in the midfield and our squad isn't perfect by any regards. Its Something the manager will need to look at or at least possibly freshen up.

But look at Palace's starting 11 from the weekend...

Julian Speroni
David Wright
Anthony Gardner
Dean Moxey
Nathaniel Clyne
Patrick McCarthy
Mile Jedinak
Jonathan Williams
Glenn Murray
Wilfried Zaha
Sean Scannell

It frustrates me that this is a team currently in a playoff position. No real disrespect intended but comparing the squads we should be up amonst it. Theres just no excuse.

Palace have just had a good start, doubt they will stay up there.

IMO our squad is just not up to the same level as West Ham's, Birmingham's, Southampton's and Middlesbrough's are really.

Either way, this notion that the manager who comes in has a squad good enough for promotion and so should get us into the top 6 this season has to be put to bed.

Last edited:
How exactly don't you think Hobbs and Fryatt were good enough for the Championship under NP? Who was then? They were probably our 2 best players that season yet they weren't good enough. Did we just make the top 5 with an entire squad not good enough for the Championship then?

They were not good enough to get us promoted, which last time I checked was the aim for the season.

They were not good enough to get us promoted, which last time I checked was the aim for the season.

I assume you mean this season, because promotion certainly wasn't the aim for that season.

Either way, you have to be being deliberately obtuse here? You know very well that two players do not make up a team and that Hobbs and Fryatt were not the sole reason we didn't get promoted. Shaun Derry was not good enough to get Palace up to anything above a relegation scrap, but he played a big part in QPR getting promoted last season.

Besides, once you make the play-offs you can easily get promoted. It's all one off games once you get there, which any piece of luck or fortune can decide (Cardiff's equalising penalty which came from a player in an offside position for example) and anyone who seriously thinks we should be getting auto promotion this season after the start we've had seriously needs to tone down their expectations.

Last edited:
Palace have just had a good start, doubt they will stay up there.

IMO our squad is just not up to the same level as West Ham's, Birmingham's, Southampton's and Middlesbrough's are really.

Either way, this notion that the manager who comes in has a squad good enough for promotion and so should get us into the top 6 this season has to be put to bed.

Middlebrough are a very bland side. Lots of average youngsters who never pulled up trees and are now reaching maturity. Plus a few SPL rejects. Emnes blows hot & cold.

Southampton are unstopable but I'd put it down to mentality again, rather than proper quality in depth.

I agree there are too many similar type players in the midfield and our squad isn't perfect by any regards. Its Something the manager will need to look at or at least possibly freshen up.

But look at Palace's starting 11 from the weekend...

Julian Speroni
David Wright
Anthony Gardner
Dean Moxey
Nathaniel Clyne
Patrick McCarthy
Mile Jedinak
Jonathan Williams
Glenn Murray
Wilfried Zaha
Sean Scannell

It frustrates me that this is a team currently in a playoff position. No real disrespect intended but comparing the squads we should be up amonst it. Theres just no excuse.

I certainly wouldn't mind Clyne, Zaha and Scannell in our squad.

Plus, while we've been leaking goals like a sieve, one of our defenders has been performing well there, helping them climb the table - why isn't he in our side?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669