Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
We may also get a few more chances to perve on Matt Oakley's arse also. And could you imagine if NP brought Morrison back? *Drools*

Stop it you two I can't handle such excitement this early in the day!

At least in this time if we do get Pearson back we at least had a decent 'keeper... I can still remember Pearson saying he though David Martin was good, and signign Carl Ikeme on loan. Shudder.

But if he had never managed us, then Pearson would be a good signing! It's only because we feel like we're going backwards that he looks less appealing.

At least in this time if we do get Pearson back we at least had a decent 'keeper... I can still remember Pearson saying he though David Martin was good, and signign Carl Ikeme on loan. Shudder.

But if he had never managed us, then Pearson would be a good signing! It's only because we feel like we're going backwards that he looks less appealing.

This is true. David Martin was appalling and Ikeme was a joke for us.

Lets hope he gets on with Kasper.

I don't remember David Martin ever being particularly bad, in fact I remember him being quite good for us in League 1 - BBC says 13 clean sheets in 26 games, that's surely nowhere near appalling? There are a lot of keepers who've played for us recently who I'd rank as far worse than him for sure - Kirkland, Ricardo, Ikeme, Warner, Weale and Logan spring to mind.

Tunch will be fooking delighted, I bet he's soaking.

I don't remember David Martin ever being particularly bad, in fact I remember him being quite good for us in League 1 - BBC says 13 clean sheets in 26 games, that's surely nowhere near appalling? There are a lot of keepers who've played for us recently who I'd rank as far worse than him for sure - Kirkland, Ricardo, Ikeme, Warner, Weale and Logan spring to mind.

I watched a lot of games that season. In many of those games where he kept clean sheets I would doubt whether he was tested much if at all.

A lot of people did think he was good though, I imagine often being told I was being a nob for consistently slagging him off. I probably am.

I watched a lot of games that season. In many of those games where he kept clean sheets I would doubt whether he was tested much if at all.

A lot of people did think he was good though, I imagine often being told I was being a nob for consistently slagging him off. I probably am.

He was obviously good enough for that league though, then once we were promoted we looked elsewhere because presumably Nigel didn't think he could make the step up, which is fair enough. I'd say he was a pretty good League 1 goalkeeper who served us pretty well, no more no less really, but I don't think he can rank alongside some of the dross we've had in goal over the past few seasons.

Martin did a good job for us in League One and we had to look for replacements due to injury, mostly short-term loanees. Weale did a good job for us under NP in the Championship.

I don't have any particular qualms over NP's goalkeeping selection, they weren't amazing, but hardly crap either.

Martin did a good job for us in League One and we had to look for replacements due to injury, mostly short-term loanees. Weale did a good job for us under NP in the Championship.

I don't have any particular qualms over NP's goalkeeping selection, they weren't amazing, but hardly crap either.

None of Kasper's quality though.... which gives me even more hope moving forward! :)

Interesting to know what he does with King.

He always played King as a defensive midfielder rather than an attacking one and though he never scored as many goals, he did arguably have more of a noticeable impact back there, was a big asset in constantly dropping back and helping out the defence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566