Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I hear Stringer on the phone-in mention that someone had taken a photo of Lee Clark at a meeting in Loughborough.

Wasn't Cate meant to be staking out the Marriott. I'm sure she would have recognised who was with Mark Hughes, if in deed it was Mark Hughes.

I'd be underwhelmed if we got Lee Clark in. Not to negate any of his (considerable) achievements at 'Uddersfield, but this doesn't really fit the billing of a manager with Championship experience. The mans a relative unknown. I hope Top and Co have had some sound footballing advice (something I can't claim to be able to give) and have not employed due to a lack of interest from anybody else.

Time'll tell, I suppose, and in the mean I'll welcome the chap with open arms (and legs).

I'd be underwhelmed if we got Lee Clark in. Not to negate any of his (considerable) achievements at 'Uddersfield, but this doesn't really fit the billing of a manager with Championship experience. The mans a relative unknown. I hope Top and Co have had some sound footballing advice (something I can't claim to be able to give) and have not employed due to a lack of interest from anybody else.

Time'll tell, I suppose, and in the mean I'll welcome the chap with open arms (and legs).

Same here.

If anything I think on his behalf it would be a huge mistake.

Ill support him nevertheless.

The fact it's been a week now and we are still none the wiser as to who is going to replace Sven suggests to me he may have instigated his departure more than was reported

Same here.

If anything I think on his behalf it would be a huge mistake.

Ill support him nevertheless.

Isn't it a bit contradictory to basically say "I think you're the wrong man for the job, it'd be a big mistake for you if you took it, therefore you have my full support."

The fact it's been a week now and we are still none the wiser as to who is going to replace Sven suggests to me he may have instigated his departure more than was reported

He did.

By his lack of motivational skills, his lack of a plan B, his failure to realise that at home you are supposed to go on the offensive, his failure to................

You get the idea!

In recent years the one new manager I was totally underwhelmed by was Nigel Pearson.
I'd say he turned out to be the best (in terms of results).

So, Lee Clark or whoever, I await to be underwhelmed once more :)

In recent years the one new manager I was totally underwhelmed by was Nigel Pearson.
I'd say he turned out to be the best (in terms of results).

So, Lee Clark or whoever, I await to be underwhelmed once more :)

This is true. I bet most Norwich fans weren't exactly overwhelmed when Lambert was appointed.

The more I think about it, the more I feel we are set to rue the day Nigel Pearson left. He was really building something here, and on a much smaller budget than Sven ever had.

This is true. I bet most Norwich fans weren't exactly overwhelmed when Lambert was appointed.

The more I think about it, the more I feel we are set to rue the day Nigel Pearson left. He was really building something here, and on a much smaller budget than Sven ever had.
Lambert's team had just inflicted a 7-1 home defeat on Norwich. I'm sure some of them were optimistic of improvement.

I think that leicester city owners have made a big mistake in getting rid of sven ,if they havent got someone in the pipeline to replace him ,because we cant afford to be without a manager surely, i mean time moves on and and we must get a settled side and some points on the the board

Lambert's team had just inflicted a 7-1 home defeat on Norwich. I'm sure some of them were optimistic of improvement.

I know all about that. My point is I doubt any of them would have expected him to guide them to back to back promotions.

Based on that kind of logic, why don't people want us to get Steve Cotterill from Forest- he beat us 6-1 you know....

I know all about that. My point is I doubt any of them would have expected him to guide them to back to back promotions.

Based on that kind of logic, why don't people want us to get Steve Cotterill from Forest- he beat us 6-1 you know....
Would have been a step up from Sousa. Still would have been shit, mind.

Kenny Jackett, surely. Or any Kenny rather than Keggy Keegle.

Jackett would be a decent appointment. In fact more than decent. His win record is 43%, he's been involved with five promotions during his coaching career. Excellent man motivator (twice getting clubs up at a second attempt in playoffs), can spot a player and most importantly understands what a club demands of their manager.

Looking at the managers we've had since i started supporting during the time of Brian Little makes for depressing reading, both the number and the quality. When your 5th favourite manager out the 14 permanent ones (9 sets of caretakers in that time!) we've had in that time is Rob Kelly, its not a good sign! Experience and stability required. Still would like Billy Davies, horrible little man but seems to get it done.

For what its worth in terms of debate I ranked them MON, Little, Pearson, Adams, Kelly, Bassett, Levein, Sven, Holloway, McGhee, SOusa, Megson, Allen, Taylor though TBH once you get past kelly its all more or less sh@t and the order is for more personal reasons than any rationality!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669