Speculation Next Leicester manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Think Mark Hughes might be a decent shout the more I think about it.

Looking at the managers we've had since i started supporting during the time of Brian Little makes for depressing reading, both the number and the quality. When your 5th favourite manager out the 14 permanent ones (9 sets of caretakers in that time!) we've had in that time is Rob Kelly, its not a good sign! Experience and stability required. Still would like Billy Davies, horrible little man but seems to get it done.

For what its worth in terms of debate I ranked them MON, Little, Pearson, Adams, Kelly, Bassett, Levein, Sven, Holloway, McGhee, SOusa, Megson, Allen, Taylor though TBH once you get past kelly its all more or less sh@t and the order is for more personal reasons than any rationality!

Sentimentality and the fact he is a complete buffoon aside, I don't understand why McGhee is so low here. Didn't he get us playing some decent stuff and bring in a few decent players (I liked Corica and Taylor!)

It pains me to see Rob Kelly in 5th too - but I'm struggling for an argument to promote anyone else to that spot (McGhee aside)

Sentimentality and the fact he is a complete buffoon aside, I don't understand why McGhee is so low here. Didn't he get us playing some decent stuff and bring in a few decent players (I liked Corica and Taylor!)

It pains me to see Rob Kelly in 5th too - but I'm struggling for an argument to promote anyone else to that spot (McGhee aside)

Fair shout actually, think i was just peed off with the way he left so quickly, hence the dropping so far. He was clearly better than holloway and sven whilst he was here, just annoyed at his departure. Megson so low due to making the games sooooo dull.

Megson would always be last for me. Never had so little fun watching Leicester as I did under him.

Unless the Leicester Board have something that we don't know about up their sleeve (entirely possible), I am confused. The leading contenders seem to be; Mark Hughes - did he even play in the Championship? - I'm pretty certain that he has not managed therein - and Lee Clark, who may turn out to be a brilliant manager, but whose experience seems to be winning nothing in three years of Division One football.

Both might be great managers, but I would expect them to take the rest of this season to get the 'feel' of the Championship which, in my opinion, is less technically challenging than the Premier League, but every bit as difficult a place in which to excel.

I personally really enjoyed watching us sometimes under Sven. Real shame it wasn't delivered on a regular basis.

Time for Jimmy Willis to make his case for the job? Odds as good as 250-1 with some bookies.

Pile on.

The ever reliable @BertLCFC :icon_roll tweeted earlier that the Clark story was a smokescreen for the real target.

He's tweeted that much shit these past few days it's been unreal.

Roy Keane is 3/1 now with a famous Irish bookmaker......

I don't give a shit whether Bert is in the know or not but he has been spreading alot of shit where some of the recent rumours are concerned.

Anyway if the Mark Hughes thing is true, I'd be pretty chuffed. Still want Davies or O'Neill.

If MON is not to be convinced, and I have seen nothing official from MON to say he has refused/declined/not interested, then I would be happy with a Keegan/Clark pairing, more along the lines of Bassett/Adams with Keegan starting as manager with Clark as understudy, until Keegan gets bored and/or sacked. If Keegan gets us promoted then Clark would be free to move on if Keegan does not want to step down.

I've almost given up caring who they appoint. Does it really matter? Nobody really knows how a new manager will turn out, hence the hankering for what we know, MON and Pearson. Given his abject performance here who would have bet on Holloway taking Blackpool of all teams in to the Prem. Clark, Davies, Jones, Keane, if appointed, could turn out to be the greatest or worst manager we've ever had. If after PS had gone I'd suggested appointing Pardew or Adkins I would have been abused off the site and yet now their arrival would probably be applauded. So come on, stop arseing about, pick a name out of the hat and just keep going until somebody says YES!

Jackett would be a decent appointment. In fact more than decent. His win record is 43%, he's been involved with five promotions during his coaching career. Excellent man motivator (twice getting clubs up at a second attempt in playoffs), can spot a player and most importantly understands what a club demands of their manager.

I ****ing hate the miserable, whiny little shit.

Dowie is nearly always at Burnley midweek. In the studio tonight. Read in to that what you like :icon_wink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669