Speculation Next manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sky Sports News ‏Verified account @SkySportsNews
Follow @SkySportsNews
More
According to Sky sources, @LCFC are considering appointing an interim manager until the end of season as all the potential candidates are currently in work. #SSN

I think we need tried and tested in the Premier League. Guion has done well but remember that's Ligue 1. Puel finished 4th with Nice just a few seasons ago. Though I'm not against it, and promotion followed by 6th place is a huge achievement. He could become the next big thing, but I don't think he's the risk we need right now.

I'm for Rodgers or Rafa.

Rodgers has managed: Luis Suarez, Gerrard, Carragher, Reina, Coutinho (who he signed), Firminho (who he signed), Lovren (who he signed), Emre Can (who he signed)...

• He knows the Premier League.
  • He plays attractive football.
  • He's into playing youth.
  • He has an international reputation.
  • He has apparently got amazing man management skills.
  • He certainly seems interested.

Rafa has managed: Gerrard, Torres, Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, Xabi Alonso, Higuain, Mascherano...

• he has managed at Liverpool, Chelsea, Madrid and Inter.
  • he is resolute at the back
  • he knows the league very well
  • he's won trophies
  • he can attract sexy talent

I'm not entirely sure of his football style. Anyone know what sort of football his team's play?

For me we should be looking for managers like Rodgers or Rafa. Just three years ago they were managing Liverpool and Real Madrid respectively.

Our last four bosses were Pearson, Ranieri, Shakespeare, Puel. Be thankful this time we might have the clout to attract Rodgers and Rafa.

I want Marcelo Bielsa

For no other reason than it would be ****ing hilarious to watch the Leeds fans go into meltdown.

Rafa has managed: Gerrard, Torres, Ronaldo, Bale, Benzema, Xabi Alonso, Higuain, Mascherano...

• he has managed at Liverpool, Chelsea, Madrid and Inter.
  • he is resolute at the back
  • he knows the league very well
  • he's won trophies
  • he can attract sexy talent
I'm not entirely sure of his football style. Anyone know what sort of football his team's play?

Generally 4-2-3-1, in a possession based defensive style

Be a nice change to see that kind of football at Leicester

Oh, hang on a minute.....

I think he could do a good job for us, but he appears to have a comfort zone at Burnley.
Expectations are a lot lower there [without trying to sound condescending].

I'd rather him than Rodgers or Rafa.

I don't think Stowell in all the time he's been here and the amount of managers he's seen off has actually stepped in as caretaker at any point?

Stowell has been joint caretaker a few times. After Allen he was caretaker with Rudkin and Beaglehole (1 draw), after Sousa he was caretaker with Powell (1 win) and after Sven he was caretaker with Rudkin and Beaglehole (1 win, 2 defeats).

For those in favour of Rogers, this is quite an interesting read.

Fairly well-balanced read. The difference between us playing a top side in this league and Celtic playing most sides in Europe is that we're much better matched to the top teams here than Celtic are in Europe. Valencia may not currently be world-beaters but I really think Celtic are drastically inferior to a lot of the other teams in the CL/Europa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263