Speculation Next manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, it’s looking more and more likely.

I’m not excited by his appointment at all, but I’d be happy with H from Steps after the last duffer.

I’d be perfectly happy with rodgers.

He’s a right weirdo but his teams are generally successful and he gives players chances.

Nah, she'd actually be trying to play it through the centre all the time with one solitary aged left winger griping about never getting the ball
More ageism?! I never gripe about getting the ball or not.

Fairly well-balanced read. The difference between us playing a top side in this league and Celtic playing most sides in Europe is that we're much better matched to the top teams here than Celtic are in Europe. Valencia may not currently be world-beaters but I really think Celtic are drastically inferior to a lot of the other teams in the CL/Europa.
Celtic are drastically inferior to most teams in most leagues. Scottish football needs to be shot & put out of it's misery.

Wow, it’s looking more and more likely.

I’m not excited by his appointment at all, but I’d be happy with H from Steps after the last duffer.

What doesn't excite you?

Is it his excellent win percentage at Liverpool and Celtic and solidly respectful one at Swansea?

The fact that he's got used to winning and therefore might give us a mentality that we so sorely desire?

His desire to bring in young players?

His history in signing players like Coutinho, Firminho et al? And managing some top top players?

The excellently touted man-management skills?

The ability we'd have to attract better talent?

That in 13-14 his side scored 101 league goals and (albeit should've won the league) finished 2nd?

That in 13-14 he taught his team how to interchange between multiple formations?

Forgive me, City Fan, I'm genuinely curious. Personally I think he's not even in the same league as Holloway, Pearson, Sven, Pearson, Ranieri, Shakespeare and Puel in terms of when we appointed them. (Let's not dive too much into Ranieri as we know when we appointed him it was a weird one).

His transfer record wasn't the greatest but who knows who was pulling the transfer strings at Liverpool.

I'd much rather have Rodgers over Dyche. In fact I'd say that realistically Rodgers is the best we can possibly wish for.

Last edited:
Rodgers made Scott Sinclair an impressive prem player at Swansea hopefully he can work his magic on Gray

Is it his excellent win percentage at Liverpool and Celtic and solidly respectful one at Swansea?

There’s no doubting the job he did at Swansea. But his win ratio at Liverpool is nothing special for that club and is worse than Houllier, Benitez, Klopp etc.

The decline in his last season was pretty spectacular. And you seem to have missed out his period at Reading for some reason.

The fact that he's got used to winning and therefore might give us a mentality that we so sorely desire?
He’s winning trophies in Scotland with Celtic. My grandma could win trophies in Scotland with Celtic and she’s dead.

That in 13-14 his side scored 101 league goals and (albeit should've won the league) finished 2nd?
Yes they should have won the league, and they catastrophically bottled it. Does that not concern you at all?

His history in signing players like Coutinho, Firminho et al? And managing some top top players?

His transfer record wasn't the greatest but who knows who was pulling the transfer strings at Liverpool.

These two are very contradictory.

And managing “top top” players doesn’t make you a good manager. Puel has managed some “top top” players don’t forget.

There’s no doubting the job he did at Swansea. But his win ratio at Liverpool is nothing special for that club and is worse than Houllier, Benitez, Klopp etc.

The decline in his last season was pretty spectacular. And you seem to have missed out his period at Reading for some reason.

He’s winning trophies in Scotland with Celtic. My grandma could win trophies in Scotland with Celtic and she’s dead.

Yes they should have won the league, and they catastrophically bottled it. Does that not concern you at all?

These two are very contradictory.

And managing “top top” players doesn’t make you a good manager. Puel has managed some “top top” players don’t forget.

Is it too late to start the Rogers out thread?

Press are going for it this morning suggesting that a move for Rodgers is imminent. No waiting for the summer.

I was reading Alan Nixon yesterday who was adamant that City needed to make their move now and not wait for the summer. It struck me as odd that. As his source is at the Celtic end, why the urgency?

I've also only just realised that Rodgers Celtic assistant manager (Chris Davies) used to work for our academy under Rudkin. I was struggling to understand a link that could result in leaks - when we appoint a manager it is usually shrouded in silence until it happens - but this could well be it.

As Rodgers is now 1/7 and the likes of Appleton is back out to 40/1, it seems like there is something going on. Percy and Nixon being so clear, and even the Mercury pushing it strongly, seems to be adding up to him being in the dug out for Sunday's game.

Press are going for it this morning suggesting that a move for Rodgers is imminent. No waiting for the summer.

I was reading Alan Nixon yesterday who was adamant that City needed to make their move now and not wait for the summer. It struck me as odd that. As his source is at the Celtic end, why the urgency?

I've also only just realised that Rodgers Celtic assistant manager (Chris Davies) used to work for our academy under Rudkin. I was struggling to understand a link that could result in leaks - when we appoint a manager it is usually shrouded in silence until it happens - but this could well be it.

As Rodgers is now 1/7 and the likes of Appleton is back out to 40/1, it seems like there is something going on. Percy and Nixon being so clear, and even the Mercury pushing it strongly, seems to be adding up to him being in the dug out for Sunday's game.

If it's coming from the Celtic side then it could be due to some compensation differing between now and the summer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566