Speculation Next manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brendan, give us a wave, Brendan, Brendan give us a wave.

Sutton you dick.

All done and dusted

Fascinated to see what he can do with this group of players

321-dusty-bin.jpg

Which name (or names) will appear in that envelope...

I wasn't a Puel Outer, though I was neither surprised or upset when he was sacked, this strikes me as being very much an upgrade though. Hopefully a manager with this stature will also be able to shake up whatever's been happening in Rudkin's office

Looks like it will be Rodgers then.

I saw Lennon and Rodgers trending on Twitter, so assumed it was Lennon until the end of the season, but actually it's lots of reports that Lennon is set up to return to Celtic.

Great news if we can get our man now rather than the summer.

Id be happy with Rodgers. And would suggest anyone who isn't has unrealistic expectations.

Apologies for being off topic but Graz comment is so crass and unworthy of a respected poster that it is important to give it a reply.

In the 1990s English Heritage did a massive restoration of a place called Witley Court. The man who knew more about Witley Court than anyone else was in his eighties. Nobody from English Heritage even contacted him to say what they were doing let alone seek his advice. A short time after I said to someone from English Heritage "You know Bill was very hurt that he was ignored over Witley Court" The reply was "We thought that at his age he would not want to be bothered."
They were too well mannered to call him "an old duffer" but that was their mindset.

This post may have nothing to do with the next manager but if it makes somebody think twice before using a thoughtless and hurtful phrase it will be worth while.

Sorry Gwill, no offence intended.

I meant this in reference to the old-fashioned and out of touch managers who are generally shit and bounce from club to club for a few months at a time who are now on the scrap heap but not quite retired yet.

That moved along quite quickly.

Almost makes it look like we know what we're doing.

I bet they had to promise him a lovely war chest as well

I bet they had to promise him a lovely war chest as well

May well be keen to bring in Benkovic (although I have no idea if he's good enough or not) - so sell Harry to Yanited for £50m, plus another £30/40m extra, and he'll have plenty to play with

Stringer tweeted his surprise and pleasure at Rodgers being willing to make the move now, walking away from the treble treble opportunity at Celtic, showing an early sign of commitment and eagerness for the job here.

Have to say, I agree. There's a lot of surprise around that Rodgers would be willing to give up on the treble treble to come here now rather than wait until the end of season, and I think that's very positive for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4494
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4484
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4469
8Coventry City4363