Speculation Next manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reported that it is happening now because LCFC made him a one-time immediate offer. So does that mean that they might have had someone else lined up if they had to wait until the summer? And do they have to pay Celtic £7million compensation? A lot of money for a Championship level club manager!

I should think the 'profits' on Mahrez and Kante and Drinkwater have more than made up for losses incurred on Silva, Benny and others.

Anyone got a balance sheet on players sales over the last 3 years?

I think Rodgers is an excellent appointment. Lots of people are pointing at his time at Reading, but **** that - you can’t learn in a career without having some ****-ups.

Positive. I am excited.

I think Rodgers is an excellent appointment. Lots of people are pointing at his time at Reading, but ** that - you can’t learn in a career without having some **-ups.

Positive. I am excited.
A lot of people were criticising the Ranieri appointment after his disastrous international managerial stint.

Certainly seems to be galvanising the fans.
Which is no bad thing.
They thought they were big enough to get Benkovic from us, we pinch their manager, love it!

Hugely excited by this.

If Pop is still desperate I might even offer him a bit of how’s your father.

I remember how close Rodgers came to becoming our manager in 2007, just before Megson.

He's been linked to us several times since too so this doesn't feel like a surprise.

I really welcome us pinpointing someone and getting straight to it. Fair play Top, that's a move your Dad would be proud of.

A move Rodgers will need to succeed in too.

If he fails here, he’s likely consigned to the Big Sam merry go round of doom.

For a change I can fully recommend listening to talksport today. The poor Celtic fans are good entertainment.

In an attempt to articulate my criticism of Puel, Pearson and co.

I just recognise a substantial gap between their ability and the club's capability. It does my head in when the manager is patently incapable of bridging this. Puel had qualities, as did Pearson and Shakespeare, etc. but they were flawed and limited managers.

In time, maybe Rodgers will be too, but right now at least it feels like we're trying to appoint someone who is at the right level for us.

It has been a couple of years since supporting City was a positive experience. I'm starting to feel positive and optimistic now. I bet the atmosphere tonight is miles better too.

One of their fans calls our owner and fans a naughty word...classy as ever.

Delusional that lot, utterly delusional.

There’s no doubting the job he did at Swansea. But his win ratio at Liverpool is nothing special for that club and is worse than Houllier, Benitez, Klopp etc.

The decline in his last season was pretty spectacular. And you seem to have missed out his period at Reading for some reason.

He’s winning trophies in Scotland with Celtic. My grandma could win trophies in Scotland with Celtic and she’s dead.

Yes they should have won the league, and they catastrophically bottled it. Does that not concern you at all?

These two are very contradictory.

And managing “top top” players doesn’t make you a good manager. Puel has managed some “top top” players don’t forget.

- the fact that for the first time in 24 years he managed to get into position to win the league at Liverpool is a massive achievement. Yes he ballsed it up but I don't really expect us to win the league. It was three games he ballsed up. So many top bosses have done the same. Remember that the Liverpool of this season is remarkably different to the Liverpool of previous ones. They're 1st right now but at this time aren't usually up there.

- I'm pretty sure his last season consisted of about 8 matches before he got sacked so basically no time. It's hardly a resounding spectacular decline. Obviously the dynamics at a club like that are different to us also. If we're sat at lower than we should be after 8 matches it's hardly time to panic

- I'm sorry for your loss, may she rest peacefully.

- the SPL is shit. But my point was that he's come from a winning mentality. Which can only be positive.

- I missed out Reading because that was actually a decade ago. For me things become a little inconsequential after time. It was clearly whilst he was a very young, developing manager. It's like saying Vardy is shit because he only scored 5 goals in his first season with us and even they were in the championship. So much has happened since then...

- the last two are very contradictory. My point was that not sure who was behind the Liverpool transfers. So which one is a positive and a which one is a negative I'm not so sure.

We absolutely couldn't appoint a much better manager at this time. Possibly Rafa. But apart from that no one else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4391
2Leeds Utd4490
3Ipswich4389
4Southampton4384
5West Brom4472
6Norwich City4472
7Hull City4366
8Coventry City4263