Next permanent manager

The owners have got it wrong on managerial appointments more than they have got it right.

Wrong
  • Paulo Sousa (may not have actually been them)
  • Sven
  • Shakespeare
  • Puel
  • Smith
Right
  • Pearson
  • Claudio
  • Rodgers (obviously later went wrong)

But all of that is basically irrelevant because the absolute best decision they have ever made was to allow Pearson to build a modern, sports science led back room team, whilst Steve Walsh built the ultimate recruitment machine. From what we hear, this was totally destroyed by Rodgers.

So the question is now, how do they put all of those things back in place? It's not just a one man appointment and sadly, it's probably not a one season return either.

The owners have got it wrong on managerial appointments more than they have got it right.

Wrong
  • Paulo Sousa (may not have actually been them)
  • Sven
  • Shakespeare
  • Puel
  • Smith
Right
  • Pearson
  • Claudio
  • Rodgers (obviously later went wrong)

But all of that is basically irrelevant because the absolute best decision they have ever made was to allow Pearson to build a modern, sports science led back room team, whilst Steve Walsh built the ultimate recruitment machine. From what we hear, this was totally destroyed by Rodgers.

So the question is now, how do they put all of those things back in place? It's not just a one man appointment and sadly, it's probably not a one season return either.
I don't agree about Puel. He went to shit in the end but did an excellent job in bringing the right players in and guiding the club through a horrendous period in our history.

The first 10 games he managed were superb. I don't really know what went wrong there but overall classification he did a reasonable job (even if the later games were abysmal)

As you've identified in there as well - you can't categorise like that. Early Rodgers great, late Rodgers bad. Is the delayed sacking outweighed by the original hire to make him a 'right'?

Same for Sven. What made him 'wrong' when he bought in most of the players we used to win the championship?

the absolute best decision they have ever made was to allow Pearson to build a modern, sports science led back room team, whilst Steve Walsh built the ultimate recruitment machine. From what we hear, this was totally destroyed by Rodgers.
I believe Claudio started the process (chicken burgers no-one? and ditching the sports psychologist?) but, yes, I'm of the belief (maybe wrongly) that Rodgers was given remit to implement his own back room philosophy.

Edit: from 2017....

Ask any Leicester player about their historic achievement last season and they will tell you one of Ranieri’s greatest strengths was to keep things largely as they were. The backroom staff, the tactics and the training methods all stayed roughly the same. By dismissing Way, however, Ranieri showed a rare sign that the coach was no longer willing to trust the system which he had simply sustained rather than created, though it was just one of a wide variety of differing conditions instigated by the previous season’s stunning success.

I don't agree about Puel. He went to shit in the end but did an excellent job in bringing the right players in and guiding the club through a horrendous period in our history.

The first 10 games he managed were superb. I don't really know what went wrong there but overall classification he did a reasonable job (even if the later games were abysmal)

As you've identified in there as well - you can't categorise like that. Early Rodgers great, late Rodgers bad. Is the delayed sacking outweighed by the original hire to make him a 'right'?

Same for Sven. What made him 'wrong' when he bought in most of the players we used to win the championship?
Sven bought in Kasper as others I recall.

Fair points in general, but afraid this one is just plain wrong. Sven bought in anyone and everyone without any plan. Some (Kasper) worked, but most (Matt Mills, Beckford, Mr Yakubu, Abe, Ricardo,

Nigel Pearson was recently quoted as saying that sorting out the mess of a squad we had was the hardest job he's ever done.

I recently read mention of Graham Potter interest that, tbh, I dismissed with an incredulous laugh. He'll have options a plenty in the summer I think.
I’m not so sure he will. I could maybe see Tottenham going for him. But I think the Chelsea debacle has scuppered his chance of getting a “top top” job. I think he’s more likely to end up at a Bournemouth or Crystal Palace or Leeds if they stay up.

But yeah, he’d surely tell us to get stuffed.

Isn’t the clue in the question?

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669
9Coventry City4664