Next season rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, apparently so:

"His form for Saints in the first half of the 2008-09 season has been impressive, despite the club's poor form. Southampton fans have voted Davis player of the month three times in the first five months of the season on the club's official website."

From the ol' favorite

"App we are going to sign an ex England international heard rumours it could be Sol Campbell can't see him playing 90 minutes each week so will that be a combined playing coaching role?? heardother rumours that fryatt will leave for the baggis for 1 mill no way"

Yes, apparently so:

"His form for Saints in the first half of the 2008-09 season has been impressive, despite the club's poor form. Southampton fans have voted Davis player of the month three times in the first five months of the season on the club's official website."

I always think this is flawed logic.

A goalie playing in a crap team will get far more chances to impress than one in a good team and by the law of averages he will make more saves than goalies in better teams behind better defences.

I don't think that a goalie in a crap team being their player of the month is necessarily indicative of a quality keeper.

Last edited:

A goalie playing in a crap team will get far more chances to impress than one in a good team and by the law of averages he will make more saves than goalies in better teams behind better defences.

I don't think that a goalie in a crap team being their player of the month is necessarily indicative of a quality keeper.

Spot on.

Sometimes the reason for a poor team being poor stems from the goalkeeper and the command he has over his defense.

I really hope we sign him, but I believe his family are against moving..

Who would not want to move to leicester? ( says a man who left ten years to work for three months in sweden and never came home...)

But he won Championship goalie of the year when Ipswich finished 3rd, so that logic must be more secure by your logic, eh? :icon_wink

Although trite to say it in this case we can rely on NP's judgement. If we're in for him I trust his decision to. After all he worked with him as recently as a year ago.

On the BBC gossip page today? Is he any good?

Leeds will fight it out with Leicester for the signature of Southampton goalkeeper Kelvin Davis - if the Elland Road outfit win promotion to the Championship. Davis is out of contract in the summer. (Daily Mail)

Well we are in the Championship, Leeds only might be. So if NP rates him (and he should know having worked with him before), let's sign him up now.

I thought that's what the reason was for bringing the ST renewal date forwards, so we could sign players as soon as the season ended, ours ended Saturday, so get the deal done

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00