Next season rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
childrens80s_grange_hill.jpg

The whole thing was just tragic really. Especially that fecking song!

David Noble has been released from Bristol City, don't know about this season but last season he loked very good and a former Arsenal trainee.

Jennison Myrie-Williams has also been released, ripped us to shreds in the first half when we played Hereford, won the penalty and cause some big problems. Hes a left midfielder and Bristol City have released him.

Carl Fletcher form Crystal Palace has been around a few years, good experienced holding midfielder.

All three could do a job for us in my opinion.

I doubt that we'll be looking much at players that are released by middling Championship clubs.

I doubt that we'll be looking much at players that are released by middling Championship clubs.

Why? We only got promoted from League 1 not relegated from the prem. I would happily take mid table in the Championship next year.

Why? We only got promoted from League 1 not relegated from the prem. I would happily take mid table in the Championship next year.

Signing players not seen as good enough for a mid-table Championship side doesn't really seem the right way of securing a mid-table position, does it?

Signing players not seen as good enough for a mid-table Championship side doesn't really seem the right way of securing a mid-table position, does it?

Just because they have been released it doesen't mean they are no good. Maybe they just want first team football or don't get on with the manager. Myrie - Williams looks a very good prospect, I can't see why he has been released to be honest.

Just because they have been released it doesen't mean they are no good. Maybe they just want first team football or don't get on with the manager. Myrie - Williams looks a very good prospect, I can't see why he has been released to be honest.
We're going to be releasing, or trying to get rid of, a bunch of players - Kisnorbo, Campbell, Weso, etc - who'd generally be considered by most people to be better than those you just mentioned.

True, just because they have been released it doesen't mean they are no good. But there is a reason they've been released. Forget the likes of Bristol City, I'd rather look at who Man Utd and Arsenal are releasing...

We're going to be releasing, or trying to get rid of, a bunch of players - Kisnorbo, Campbell, Weso, etc - who'd generally be considered by most people to be better than those you just mentioned.

True, just because they have been released it doesen't mean they are no good. But there is a reason they've been released. Forget the likes of Bristol City, I'd rather look at who Man Utd and Arsenal are releasing...

We may release Kisnorbo but I can't see us releasing Campell and Weso who I feel we could get money for. Man Utd and Arsenal rarely release players who are any good they are usually youngster who have no career in the game. Fletcher and Noble are both experienced players at this level and I feel they could do a job. As for Myrie-Williams he has impressed me when I have seen him.

Not me matey...I want a team that is competitive in the top half of the table and pushing for promotion...Bristol City and Palace castoffs are unlikely to do this.

The genius of O'Neill was he always tried to sign players better than what we already had. He didn't sign "squad" players, he signed players to replace the ones already in the starting lineup. I suspect Pearson has the same trait.

No point signing a backup for Howard, for example, sign someone that you think is better. At least that would be my rather simplistic approach....simply put, we should be signing players better than the ones currently in the squad, not players to warm a seat.

Last edited:
We may release Kisnorbo but I can't see us releasing Campell and Weso who I feel we could get money for.
Well, obviously, Harbro! That's why I said "released or trying to get rid of". My point being, why get rid of players and replace them with ones who most people wouldn't consider to be as good? Clear backwards step.

Man Utd and Arsenal rarely release players who are any good they are usually youngster who have no career in the game.
Man Utd and Arsenal release players who aren't going to be good enough to play for Man Utd and Arsenal. A couple of examples off the top of my head are Robbie Savage, who played more than a decade in the Premier league, and Andy Cole who was released by Arsenal but went on to play for Man Utd anyway.

I think whichever way you look at it, it's got to be a better bet to look at players being released by the big clubs than players being released by Bristol City.

Joey Barton.

He was dreadful for Cheltenham for sure. Pacey though.

Sorry Harbro but Myrie-Williams is crap. He was invisible for Cheltenham against us and did one run against us for Hereford and Mattock was an idiot.

He isn't that bad at all. He was playing for Cheltenham no one could be good for them haha. He was very good for Hereford he definetly went on more than one run, I remember him causing us a few problems.

Latest BLah from our favourite rumour site:

Leicester City Transfer News

Nigel "The Messiah" Pearson has stated he wants six NEW players.However, this does not include the loan deals we are looking to make perm/extended. So, Firstly, we are looking to secure

Ins
Stockdale – Fulham – 250k with add ons – the deals done
Warner – Hull – free – again complete
Kerry Gilbert – Arsenal – has been confirmed fee agreed 200k contract negs underway
Astrit Arjadevic – Liverpool – Free – His agent is playing up so watch this space!!

After these, the six will be
Surman – Saints – 1.3m – done deal
Lita – Reading – 1.2m – done deal
Ambrose – Charlton – 250k – negotiations
Bertrand – Norwich – 250k – Negotiations
Lee Martin – Man U – Free – expect announcement soon
Simon Cox – Swindon – £1.7m – done Deal

Out
Kisnorbo – Palace Free
Hayles – Chelts (wahay!) Free

Latest BLah from our favourite rumour Ins
After these, the six will be
Surman – Saints – 1.3m – done deal
Lita – Reading – 1.2m – done deal
Ambrose – Charlton – 250k – negotiations
Bertrand – Norwich – 250k – Negotiations
Lee Martin – Man U – Free – expect announcement soon
Simon Cox – Swindon – £1.7m – done Deal

Complete gash... but would be pretty happy with that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00