Next season rumours thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, obviously, Harbro! That's why I said "released or trying to get rid of". My point being, why get rid of players and replace them with ones who most people wouldn't consider to be as good? Clear backwards step.

Man Utd and Arsenal release players who aren't going to be good enough to play for Man Utd and Arsenal. A couple of examples off the top of my head are Robbie Savage, who played more than a decade in the Premier league, and Andy Cole who was released by Arsenal but went on to play for Man Utd anyway.

I think whichever way you look at it, it's got to be a better bet to look at players being released by the big clubs than players being released by Bristol City.

I agree. The scouting systems of the top four clubs is so good that any player on their books is likely to have talent. A club like Man U. only wants players who will end up getting them into Europe. A Man U reject could still be good enough to get us into the Premiership.
Players who might "do a job" in the championship can lead to another relegation struggle. I want players who are too good for the championship. I believe that we already have one in Tunchev who IMO would "do a job" in the Premiership.

Football Rumours -

Hiya work at leicester city, and overheard a conversation between two people who are very high up at Leicester.

Not saying these players will sign but this is what i heard –

In–

Stockdale – Season long loan.
Gilbert – Permanent.
Nathan Delfounseo – Season long loan.
Matt Hill – Sign.
Mehdi Nafit – Sign
Michael Chopra – Sign

Thanks

Simon.

Football Rumours -

Hiya work at leicester city, and overheard a conversation between two people who are very high up at Leicester.

In–

Gilbert – Permanent.
Matt Hill – Sign.
Mehdi Nafit – Sign
Michael Chopra – Sign

Thanks

Simon.

It could happen, but like 99.99% of rumours on that site, it won't! :icon_cool

From that s(h)ite. :icon_wink

Andrew Surman? jesus he has just got promoted with leicester who are on a real high and though it pains me to say have a decent young side
Who ever wrote that needs 2know he is currently a Southampton player!!! However, City are trying to bring Surman to the Walkers along with Simon Cox, Kerra Gilbert on loan along with Tom Clevery. Some top talent from eastern Europe are on their way to the Walkers. Quality like Tunchev. Stockdale signing on a permanant. Failure in MK Dons gettin promoted then Peter Leven is on his way to the LCFC.

Whilst Patrick Kisnorbo is the only real big name player leaving.

Football Rumours -

In–

Gilbert – Permanent.
Matt Hill – Sign.
Mehdi Nafit – Sign
Michael Chopra – Sign

Thanks

Simon.

They'll never know its you Simon

From a poster on FT,

According to Icelandic media tonigh Leicester City are interested in signing Coventry Citys midfielder Aron Gunnarsson. Negotiations have not begun but could as early as next week according to the report.

Hi,
work at Leicester City, and I overheard some important people talking about signings. This is what I heard:

Thomas Brolin - free, getting paid in donuts and ice cream
Billy Kee - we sell him to Bournemouth for 50,000, then buy him back for £3m
Lyonel Messi - not that one, this one plays for Shepshed
C-3PO - playing centre back, organise defence, and translate Tunchev's Bulgarianisms
Christopher Biggins - said to be awaiting a medical (on his anus)
Simon Cox - for £75million

I would be surprised if any loan deals have been worked out yet. My guess and it is nothing more than that is that any loan signings may depend upon Steve Walsh's foreign adventures. For example there would be no point in borrowing a big striker if we get a big foreigner to compete for Steve Howard's place.
Last season City mainly used loan signings when the season was well underway. Three were there at the start - Martin, Gilbert, Hobbs. Seven were brought in later - Stockdale, Bunn, Warner, Davies, Cleverley, Brown and the player from Liverpool whose name I cannot spell.
We also need to be aware that there is a limit to the number of loan players you can use in a match.

Football Rumours -

This seems totally plausible to me. Because that's what "high up" people do, say things whilst walking down corridors in voices loud enough to be overheard, like "I hear we're signing Stockdale on a season long loan, Gilbert permanently, some guy called Nathan Delfounseo who's quite good on a computer game, along with a couple of other people called Matt Hill and Mehdi Nafit... oh, and Michael Chopra".

Yep, that's exactly how it works.

Hi,
work at Leicester City, and I overheard some important people talking about signings. This is what I heard:

Thomas Brolin - free, getting paid in donuts and ice cream
Billy Kee - we sell him to Bournemouth for 50,000, then buy him back for £3m
Lyonel Messi - not that one, this one plays for Shepshed
C-3PO - playing centre back, organise defence, and translate Tunchev's Bulgarianisms
Christopher Biggins - said to be awaiting a medical (on his anus)
Simon Cox - for £75million
Seems the most realistic yet...

You know from where. :icon_conf :icon_bigg

Rumour has it surrounding Leicester City FC that they will go for the double swoop of Birmingham City duo Kevin Phillips and Mehdi Nafti. Also West Brom want to sign Matty Fryatt for around £1million if they are relegated from the Premier League.

Mr_Bronson.jpg

Mr Bronson hatted everyone...i thought it was that pikey kid danny he hated?

Swindon manager Danny Wilson has placed West Brom and Leicester on red alert by conceding top scorer Simon Cox is likely to leave the County Ground this summer. (Daily Mirror)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669