Next season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester are a relatively high profile club in the division and generally are backed in the pre-season to a level which is probably flattering. I imagine the amounts of money are fairly small and don't mean a great deal.

What is very slightly more significant than the 16-1 for City to win the championship and 4-1 to gain promotion is that MA is only 4-6 to keep his job for the season.

As has been pointed out it's total guesswork - not judgement - to assess what will happen because we know little about the team and management.

All that we know is that there is less stability about teams in the championship than in the prem so there are more teams that could be in contention. The relegated teams and those relegated the year before have a huge advantage in the parachoute monies.

If I had to bet on the three most likely candidates, I would go with West Brom, Wolves and Charlton.

Leicester are a relatively high profile club in the division and generally are backed in the pre-season to a level which is probably flattering. I imagine the amounts of money are fairly small and don't mean a great deal.

What is very slightly more significant than the 16-1 for City to win the championship and 4-1 to gain promotion is that MA is only 4-6 to keep his job for the season.

As has been pointed out it's total guesswork - not judgement - to assess what will happen because we know little about the team and management.

All that we know is that there is less stability about teams in the championship than in the prem so there are more teams that could be in contention. The relegated teams and those relegated the year before have a huge advantage in the parachoute monies.

If I had to bet on the three most likely candidates, I would go with West Brom, Wolves and Charlton.

Surely if I'm reading that right it means he is odds on to keep it? Or is that what you are saying? I read it as you thought it meant he would likely not last?

Surely if I'm reading that right it means he is odds on to keep it? Or is that what you are saying? I read it as you thought it meant he would likely not last?

True but according to those odds he has a one in three chance of losing it though. :icon_conf :icon_conf

As Steven suggests, the remarkable thing is that the odds against him staying are so poor. I think that there are actual odds available on him leaving next leaving during next season of 11-10 against. This tells you a bit how MM's tolerance levels are viewed.

I'm not suggesting any of the above is good or bad.....only that the odds on us getting promotion are significantly longer than MA getting the push.

I guess that most people understand that there is a degree of over expectation every close about Leicester's chances..... I don't have a clue at this point whether we should be optimistic or pessimistic but we should know by the end of June and even the next couple of weeks will give us an indication on whether MM is able to bring in better quality players.....of below pensionable age!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Bournemouth00
2Arsenal00
3Aston Villa00
4Brentford00
5Brighton00
6Chelsea00
7Palace00
8Everton00