Next Season??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harbro-Fox

Legend
Lets sum up this farce of a season..............

Three shining lights of our season our Danns, Kasper and Nugent. The rest have been utter shite, Beckford, Mills, Wellens, Peltier ETC should never wear the shirt again. The money we have spent to assemble this so called team is unreal, no passion and no comittment. Pearson needs to clear off and we need some fresh blood, someone like Lee Clarke or Bristol's new manager Derek McInnes. Hungry managers not that monotone Pearson, in my opinion we need something to happen before August else we are in for another shocking season. :icon_sad: what needs to happen next season in your opinions??

Would you really call Danns a shining light? He was useless for 3/4 of the season. Had a few good games and then got sent off twice missing the rest of the season (combined with an injury).

I do think he'll be a good player for us next season, but to call him a shining light this season is a bit far fetched.

I agree he can be good and he has shown this a few times. But to class him as a shining light this season is not true.

As I've said I do think he will be good but he's not done enough yet to warrant being called a shining light.

I agree he can be good and he has shown this a few times. But to class him as a shining light this season is not true.

I guess it's all relative.

He's not going to have PL teams desperate to sign him, but on the other hand if you find 50p in a cow-pat then that's a shining light...

I guess it's all relative.

He's not going to have PL teams desperate to sign him, but on the other hand if you find 50p in a cow-pat then that's a shining light...

Trouble is for the most part of the season (out of position or not) he didn't much resemble a 50p. More an old grubby 2 pence piece.

Anyway, not trying to have a go as I'm sure he'll be decent next season.

Next season I'd just like to go home after a match thinking I'm glad I went.

Last edited:
Like having good grammar makes a good thread :s Oh dear you rate Beckford for 2.5 million he is an arrogant tosser who couldn't care less about the team, the chances of him being a success at Leicester are as likely as you pulling tonight ;)

Oh dear you rate Beckford for 2.5 million he is an arrogant tosser who couldn't care less about the team, the chances of him being a success at Leicester are as likely as you pulling tonight ;)

Since Pearson came Beckford has scored more goals than Nugent, and you're saying Nugent is a success. Maybe Beckford just took a while to settle.

Well long time no see Harbs.
Beckford 's been playing much better so disagree with you there. Peltier perhaps needs some competition other than whatshisname.
Lee Clarke or Derek McInnes ?? You'll be saying Billy Davies next

It's this kind of wild overreacting that does my head in. If we win a game we're going to win the league, if we lose a game we're fecked.

We've fallen short this season, yes, but to call the season a 'farce' and to call the players a 'utter shite' is mental. A bad season would have been a relegation battle. We've finished a few points shy of the playoffs, if we'd been a bit more focussed in some of our matches and if some farcical decisions hadn't gone against us, we'd probably be in there now.

What's the point in getting worked up about something you can't change? Come next week the season will be over and things look promising for next season, we've got a good manager in charge, we've got the foundations of a fantastic squad... I don't know about you lot, but I'm going to forget the disappointment of this season and start looking forward to the next one!

He was a free transfer and has been consistantly decent all season with a fantastic spell in the middle of that? I do however agree that he was poor in the first half of the season however that was because Eriksson was playing him wide right and left which isn't where he plays, he is the signing of the season along with Nugest and the friendly ghost.

Like having good grammar makes a good thread :s

It makes a better thread.

Oh dear you rate Beckford for 2.5 million he is an arrogant tosser who couldn't care less about the team

I believe that someone stated that he has been more prolific for us under Pearson than any other player. But I guess it's the old Yakubu argument; how dare he be arrogant when scoring goals?!

the chances of him being a success at Leicester are as likely as you pulling tonight ;)

Clever.

Fair point about Beckford, I'll give you that one. Just my own opinion and I personally don't like him or his attitude and nor does Pearson which is why whether we like it or not he will be gone in the summer.

Pearson needs to clear off and we need some fresh blood, someone like Lee Clarke or Bristol's new manager Derek McInnes.

Lee Clarke is the most overrated manager going. You know a team is going nowhere when they can go on an unbeaten run like that and still get nowhere near the top of the league. You want to talk about talented managers - Chris Powell has done more in one full season at Charlton on an absolute fraction of the budget that Clarke had at Hudds. All he did was waste money and draw games - the Terrier fans weren't even sad to see him go.

Derek McInnes? What's he done then? Just about managed to keep Bristol City in the league? Well ****ing hell, get him quick then!

fair point about beckford, i'll give you that one. Just my own opinion and i personally don't like him or his attitude and nor does pearson which is why whether we like it or not he will be gone in the summer.

you're talking bollocks and making stuff up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4597
2Ipswich4593
3Leeds Utd4590
4Southampton4584
5Norwich City4573
6West Brom4572
7Hull City4570
8Middlesbro4566