Next Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

weluvulesta

http://www.forfoxsake.com/

I really think that Gupps and Freund should not have been released. Gupps is the best winger for City. He is playing brill and i really do think that to assure that we get promotion next season, MA has to keep guppy because if Les stays or even any other players, they need the croses into the box and to head them in. I really hope that Dickov and Thatcher stay as they are essential to our defence and to the strike force whihch we have. Hopefully, Trev can bang in a few goals in the 1st division. Next season will be really difficult regardless of who is playing for us. If MA can get a few deals on the line for loaning layers then that will be great.

What do you guys think, who else should have not been released.

Just had a thought.

If Muzzy goes to Birmingham and then can't break intio the side. We could always get him back on loan.

Well?

C'mon Muzzy sign a 1 year deal and wait for our arrival back in the premiership!!!! :wink:

yeah, true but i really doubt that will happen. He will come back to us when he is 34-35 i think though because he played mostly for us and we are like his first club, he is a legend. I think the Muzz won't do too well with birmingham as Savage hasn't but with the reuniting of Heskey Savage and Muzz, Birmingham could be a deadly team.

Just along the lines of those here, if muzz gets in the B'ham team, maybe there wont be a place for David Dunn, he might be worth a punt for a loan move?

im sure bruce will tinker with his team and maybe play Dunn right side with Izzet and Sav in the middle :cry: :cry:

San said:
im sure bruce will tinker with his team and maybe play Dunn right side with Izzet and Sav in the middle :cry: :cry:

They must have some decent midfielders coming available for a loan move though, clemence, johnson or lazaridis. Hughes available on a free i think, steve bruce must owe us a few favours by now

Just g;oing back too the start topic we shouldn't have let Mckinlay go, He is quality and A legend!!!

Lboro fox said:
San said:

They must have some decent midfielders coming available for a loan move though, clemence, johnson or lazaridis. Hughes available on a free i think, steve bruce must owe us a few favours by now

Good point, they do seem to have a surplus of midfielders. Hughes would be an excellent signing, but we really need a ball winner!

Scowcroft said:
Lboro fox said:
San said:

Good point, they do seem to have a surplus of midfielders. Hughes would be an excellent signing, but we really need a ball winner!

Clemence? Not seen much of him but he has played for them consistently, cant be that bad, like i say prob only on loan though

Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Lboro fox said:
San said:

Clemence? Not seen much of him but he has played for them consistently, cant be that bad, like i say prob only on loan though

Clemence is an adequate defensive midfielder, got a good left foot on him though. Probably would get him loan if we tried. I think that's an option (loans) we will rely heavily on next season to ensure we can bring some cover in.

Scowcroft said:
Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Lboro fox said:
San said:

Clemence is an adequate defensive midfielder, got a good left foot on him though. Probably would get him loan if we tried. I think that's an option (loans) we will rely heavily on next season to ensure we can bring some cover in.

I think will be essential next season, as quality players who arent over 33 dont become available on frees very often, there must be alot of players who arent getting a game, clubs like everton, blackburn, liverpool etc, will £3mill on a player and stick him in the reserves, cant turn into a bad player overnight.

Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Lboro fox said:
San said:

I think will be essential next season, as quality players who arent over 33 dont become available on frees very often, there must be alot of players who arent getting a game, clubs like everton, blackburn, liverpool etc, will £3mill on a player and stick him in the reserves, cant turn into a bad player overnight.

True, but it really depends on that player's motivation to play at a lower level. One player who is out of contract in the summer is Reuser from Ipswich - He's a winger who can play both flanks, great crosser of the ball, and a quality free kick taker. Could be very useful.

Scowcroft said:
Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Lboro fox said:
Scowcroft said:
Lboro fox said:
San said:

True, but it really depends on that player's motivation to play at a lower level. One player who is out of contract in the summer is Reuser from Ipswich - He's a winger who can play both flanks, great crosser of the ball, and a quality free kick taker. Could be very useful.

He used to ok, not set Div 1 on fire this year though, like the idea of some more of these scottish players, they seem to be well motivated all the time, can make up for a slight lack of ability, eg Dickov, savage
Not to say they are not talented but turn themselves into much better players purely through motivation

Can I just point out that Savage is Welsh. :wink:

It's a good point you make - It's good to have some grit in the side, although they may lack ability, they more than make up for it in application and work rate. We have been linked with quite a few Scottish players in Corrigan (Defender) and Crawford (Striker) so Micky obviously feels these are the types of players who would be useful in Division 1(Since the SPL is about on par with the level of Division 1 football anyway. :wink: )

Scowcroft said:
Can I just point out that Savage is Welsh. :wink:

It's a good point you make - It's good to have some grit in the side, although they may lack ability, they more than make up for it in application and work rate. We have been linked with quite a few Scottish players in Corrigan (Defender) and Crawford (Striker) so Micky obviously feels these are the types of players who would be useful in Division 1(Since the SPL is about on par with the level of Division 1 football anyway. :wink: )

Was using sav as an example, he is about as welsh as they come!! But you are right about the scottish league if they can perform in the SPl then they are very well suited to div 1.

Players from Scotland is the only answer, you can pick up good players for about £150k

If Muzzy comes back in a couple of years and stays for 2 seasons, will he get his testimonial?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leeds Utd3882
2Leicester3782
3Ipswich3881
4Southampton3673
5West Brom3866
6Norwich City3861
7Hull City3758
8Coventry City3757