Next season's shirt...The news we've been waiting for ....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nottingham Fox

http://www.lcfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10274~1525053,00.html

LEICESTER City today unveiled an exciting new anniversary blueprint to bring the club closer to supporters.

In a first for British football, fans will be asked to decide what goes on the front of City's shirts for the 2009-10 season - the club's 125th anniversary.

And the club will also unveil a whole new range of supporter benefits, privileges, schemes and competitions designed to bring supporters closer together with the club.

It's all part of a vision by chairman Milan Mandaric to unite everyone together and deliver sustainable success to the club - on and off the pitch.

Next season City will dispense with a corporate main club sponsor - and give the shirt back to the fans.

City will shortly announce the details about how Foxes fans can vote for what they feel should go on the front of the home and away strips for next season.

It could be a club slogan such as 'Blue Army', or could even be left blank.

Chairman Milan Mandaric said: "Supporters are the lifeblood of any football club.

"The club will be 125 years old next season and we want to celebrate in style and ensure we have a year -long party.

"From the day I first arrived at the club I have been so tremendously impressed by the passion, support and commitment our supporters have given us.

"As the chairman of your club, I am in the fortunate position where we can make bold and innovative decisions for next season.

"It is only right and proper that in an anniversary year I make this gesture of appreciation to our supporters.

"This is my opportunity to say thank you to the fans . We will use next season to implement a whole range of initiatives designed to further develop and strengthen the bond between the club and its community."

Mandaric has been delighted by the success achieved under manager Nigel Pearson so far this season.

And the City chairman feels that now the time is right to use success as a platform to deliver sustainable progress in the longer term.

Developing stronger relationships with supporters and the local community is top of that agenda for Mandaric.

"Together we can move mountains, divided we will never achieve our ambitions.

"Giving the shirt back to the fans is a tangible way in which we can expess our gratitude to the supporters.

"The loss of revenue from a commercial major sponsor is a price worth paying for this one-off special year.

"However, this coming anniversary year is all about creating a framework which will stand the club in a stronger stead for many seasons to come.

"We have developed a host of exciting new initiatives - including the launching of a new free junior members club.

"These are our supporters in future generations. We need to nurture them and encourage them to join Leicester City.

"Under Nigel, great things are happening again on the pitch. And we want everybody to be a part of that."

Leicester City can also confirm that their sponsorship agreement with Topps Tiles will come to an end at the completion of the current season.

The Foxes would like to place on record their apprecitation to Topps for their support during this period.

A Club spokesman added: "Topps Tiles have been a thoroughly professional organisation to deal with. The partnership has been one of great benefit to both parties."

Last edited:

FIF

Re: The news we've been waiting for ....

whooppee!

that's huge!

Hazzman

Do I get bonus points for guessing right?

Basically City will struggle to get a sponsor next Summer and will make more money if they get a winner in shirt stakes combined with promotion.

Matt_B

A good idea IMO, Jeff might buy a shirt now! Perhaps shouldn't have been billed as Huge but it doesn't cost us anything and is a good idea. No doubt a lot won't be happy though.

City Fan

Do I get bonus points for guessing right?

Basically City will struggle to get a sponsor next Summer and will make more money if they get a winner in shirt stakes combined with promotion.

Very cynical of you, but yeah that's what I thought as well! :icon_bigg

Han

start the ball rolling now...

Blank

Blank

Blank

Blank

Blank

FIF

It'll be nice not to have some idiotic shirt - let's have "We love jobber" or "free blowjobs" on the shirt or "wanker in blue".

popillius

Re: H-U-G-E announcement after 9

Sorry - Did I just waste 40 minutes of my time waiting for that?! I mean, it's very interesting and somewhat different but one could argue that it is neither 'amazing' or 'extraordinary' as touted by RL! Oh well - I better get my crayons out and doodle a design then..... BTW - This is my first post after months of reading others' words. Not very interesting I grant you!

Last edited:

beaumontfox

Re: H-U-G-E announcement after 9

I don't have a problem with say Loros or Rainbows being on the front of the shirt, they are local charities and if the Club decide to go down that route then I'd pick one of those.

Wouldn't mind seeing the first club badge on the shirt as well, as it's supposed to be celebrating 125 years.

enderby fox

what a load of bollocks. i was expecting ronaldo to have signed to be fair!!

if this is going to happen then i suggest "forest,derby, cov,ian holloway, gary megson,colin wanker, martin allen and dennis wise are *****" to go on the front of the shirt!

FIF

Think we should have the badge quietly on the front.

FIF

Not if they are crappy plastic things

muzzysgal

I suppose it's one way to detract from the fact they're going to only have this shirt for one season.....

Profondo Rosso

Is it the most voted for that wins? If so, i say we start a capmagain to all vote for C*NTS (without the star)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670