Next Season's Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a reminder that he already has - eleven players have joined us since he took charge

He will still maintain though that it is not his squad :bang:

And he has signed 11 players after protesting earlier in the season that we brought too many people in during the summer which was only 3 more than he has bought!!

I don't know how we would move on the players that we want to get rid of whilst they have fat contracts. The record suggests that we have a half decent defence and i can't see the point of getting rid of players like Kisnorbo and further weakening the squad.

As for letting Holloway bring in his own team - I think not. You invest in success not in failure. Holloway is someone i happen to find irritating; lots of others find him amusing because he communicates at a folksy level. Whichever, he would be about the last person i would give more money to just to throw down the drain.

Irritating or amusing, I care not. All I want is to see good football again and whilst I agree that we are not getting that under Ollie, I do believe that he is, to a certain degree, a victim of the shite that has been going on at our club for the last few years. Yes we could go and get another manager but would he be able to turn that lot around? The last few haven't been able to and ended up panic buying and further disrupting an already fragmented squad.

have you ever asked the players how they feel about Ollie ,if not you should .

Yeah I'm just off to the training ground now for a natter.

head-in-sand.jpg

headupass.jpg

Same bloke? Trousers look the same!

Last edited:
Irritating or amusing, I care not. All I want is to see good football again and whilst I agree that we are not getting that under Ollie, I do believe that he is, to a certain degree, a victim of the shite that has been going on at our club for the last few years. Yes we could go and get another manager but would he be able to turn that lot around? The last few haven't been able to and ended up panic buying and further disrupting an already fragmented squad.

I go along with almost all of that.

Holloway should only be judged by the standard of football and results on the park. But, his demeanour is such that I fear that he couldn't be taken seriously by the players for very long.

He doesn't get much luck with decisions etc but I just think that it needs a really tough, disciplinarian manager to sort things out and I don't see Holloway in that sort of mode.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't like to say it but when you look at the job he's done down in London, Neil Warnock should have been the man for us.

I don't like to say it but when you look at the job he's done down in London, Neil Warnock should have been the man for us.

Ahh yes but we couldn't possibly have Warnock in charge because he is "a twat". I was all up for Warnock being our manager, but unfortunately all the plebs started bombarding this site and MM's email inbox with negative remarks - mainly because he's 'a twat' or he's 'a wanker', I don't care if we have the biggest prick in the world in charge so long as he gets results.

And besides, I actually think Warnock is far funnier than Ollie will ever be!

The non-appointment of Warnock all comes from Mandaric not wanting to miss out on prospective season ticket holders, if the same opportunity was available mid-season he'd have him but appointing him during the summer would have seen money lost due to season tickets.

Mandaric is his own man - the fans reaction wouldn't put him off unless it affected him (or us) finicially.

The non-appointment of Warnock all comes from Mandaric not wanting to miss out on prospective season ticket holders, if the same opportunity was available mid-season he'd have him but appointing him during the summer would have seen money lost due to season tickets.

Mandaric is his own man - the fans reaction wouldn't put him off unless it affected him (or us) finicially.

I'd like to believe that: it's preferable to accepting that stupid people including the FT etc played a major role in us not being able to bring in someone who would probably have had us in the play offs.

Personally, having lost Melts and HF, I will be looking for a few decent acquisitions to next season's squad.

Realistically, and this I suppose is if we stay up (which some may claim is unrealistic to start with!) I can't see there being the complete revolution that some people want in the summer.....

Out Of Contract in 2008 and off the books for good...
Dodds, Maybury, Sheehan, Douglas, Hammond, Laczko Zsolt, Bori Gabor, and probably Clapham, Alnwick

Out of Contract in 2008 and try to get back...
Hendrie, Bell

Out Of Contract in 2009 so either offer new contracts to or cash in on...
Stearman, Kisnorbo

Out Of Contract in 2009 and will probably still be around unless someone comes in for them...
Henderson, N'Gotty, Hayles, King (or loan him out)

Out Of Contract in 2009 and try to sell...
Fryatt (for a half decent fee), Sappleton (or loan out), Kishishev (or loan out, pay off), Hellings (or pay off)

Out Of Contract in 2010 and will probably still be around unless someone comes in for them...
Logan, Porter, Hume, Chambers(J), Clemence, Mattock,

Out Of Contract in 2010 and try to sell...
Hayes (or loan out again)

Out Of Contract in 2011 and will probably still be around unless someone comes in for them...
Wesolowski, Campbell, Howard, Oakley, Gradel, McAuley, Worley

So, nine out of contract, none of whom are even in the squad at the moment. Maybe one or two to be paid off, one or two sold, two or three loaned out, two or three youth teamers to get more first team action, and maybe five or six in - a keeper, a left back, a left winger, Hendrie, Bell, and possibly a striker.

That's what I reckon will happen. Although I'm usually wrong.

Last edited:
The way I see it, in an ideal world, the following are the only players I want to see playing any part in the squad next season:

Kisnorbo, McAuley, Hume, Bell, Wesolwski, Hendrie, Stearman, Worley, Mattock, Hayles, Gradel, Oakley, King, Howard

For me i would keep Kisnorbo,McAuley,Stearman,Hume ( but as an out and out striker up front ),Bell,Wesolowski,Hendrie,Mattock,Gradel,Oakley,and get Fulop in goal pleeeeeeeeeeeeeease

have you ever asked the players how they feel about Ollie ,if not you should .

Why should that matter they get paid enough, they dont get paid to like the manager they get paid to train and perform on the pitch, and how are us fans supposed to ask players these questions we not all so lucky to work at the club :(

Being pessimistic (or realistic) this is what I see happening in the summer if we go down:

Staying: Henderson, Logan, Hayles, King, Gradel, Wesolowski, Sappleton, Porter, J. Chambers, Worley.

Signing: Clapham, Bell.

Selling: Stearman (750k-1m), Mattock (1.5-2m + add ons), Kisnorbo (300-500k), McAuley (300-500k), Fryatt (300k), Hume (750k-1m), Clemence (100k), Oakley (250-500k), Howard (500k), Campbell (750k) = total 5.5-7.15m *

Letting Go/Free Transfer: N'Gotty, Hayes, Kishishev, Hellings.

If 'we' didn't need the money I'd keep Hume, Stearman, Mattock, Kisnorbo, McAuley and Fryatt and I'd try and persuade N'Gotty (and the rest I suppose) to play in League 1.

* prices are what I think they'd go for, not what I necessarily think they're worth. (though in most cases...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670