Next Season's Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest these are the only players i want to see in next years squad ; Kisnorbo, Mcauley, Hume, Stearman, Bell, Clemence and maybe Fryatt. We need another squad.Badly!

Hume/Fryatt and no Howard? Clemence and no Oakley?

Thank feck you aren't in charge........

It's tempting to agree: kick them all out and start again but, I honestly do not think that would be a good idea. We know that this is a good squad and the last thing we need is dozens of free transfer/cheap players.
If we go down, the decision may be out of our hands, but otherwise, a couple of class players (including a leader on the pitch!) and I honestly believe that we'll soar.

It should be considered there seems to be a rotten attitude existing in the squad and the problem we have is if we keep only changing a few players this attitude stays.

Due to the amount of midfielders we have on loan, there will be whole sale changes in the summer. We might get to keep Hendrie and Bell, but the others will be gone.

Last edited:
I think Bell is likely to stay as his loan is with a view to a permanent move. If he continues to play well then he'll be staying.

We need to give the kids the chance to perform next season. We can only see how good they really are if they get a chance to prove themselves. If they constantly get overlooked then it is hardly going to help their confidence.

IMO whoever wants to go should be allowed & we should bring in players who want to wear the shirt and not any more has beens after a pay day later in their careers e.g. Newton, Cort, Douglas etc.

I don't think that there are too many who would argue with the fact that the current squad lacks confidence and is largely unmotivated.

We first have to find a manager that can organise and motivate the players.

A main task for that manager will be to try to move on relatively highly paid players who have consistently underperformed. I hope that we will still be in the fizzy league although that will make re-building the squad more difficult. If we were in League 1 - one of the few good points is that it would be probably easier to lose a lot of players and give more opportunities to youngsters.

Unfortunately, the situation is a complete mess and it's going to be tough for anyone who takes over.

There will be a lot of work to be done in the summer and many of our players need to be booted out as soon after the final whistle of the last game as possible. We won't go down though, we are lucky bastards and always just scrape salvation when it looks doomed (Tony James' rescue and Gary Lineker's spring to mind) so I reckon the club will hold the cards as to who we keep. I just want at least one player who actually gives a shit about the shirt he's wearing instead of the money grabbing, lazy, defeatest crock of morons we have now.

There will be a lot of work to be done in the summer and many of our players need to be booted out as soon after the final whistle of the last game as possible. We won't go down though, we are lucky bastards and always just scrape salvation when it looks doomed (Tony James' rescue and Gary Lineker's spring to mind) so I reckon the club will hold the cards as to who we keep. I just want at least one player who actually gives a shit about the shirt he's wearing instead of the money grabbing, lazy, defeatest crock of morons we have now.

head-in-sand.jpg

Unfortunately it isn't like that.

I don't think we will go down either but nonetheless just because we've scraped clear in the past doesn't mean that we will this time.

But the biggest delusion is to think that we can just 'boot out' players. It isn't like that as we know from past experience.

Ultimately it is the manager's job to motivate players. I think Holloway will soon be sussed by the majority of supporters. It looks like the players are not that bothered about playing for him and I think most of the discerning supporters realise that he is just too light weight to cut the job.

Unfortunately it isn't like that.

I don't think we will go down either but nonetheless just because we've scraped clear in the past doesn't mean that we will this time.

But the biggest delusion is to think that we can just 'boot out' players. It isn't like that as we know from past experience.

Ultimately it is the manager's job to motivate players. I think Holloway will soon be sussed by the majority of supporters. It looks like the players are not that bothered about playing for him and I think most of the discerning supporters realise that he is just too light weight to cut the job.

Fair point mate but I disagree.

A while ago I suggested that we should get rid of Kisnorbo because as I saw it, he was an example of a player that has had no success whatsoever at Leicester City. I wasn't doubting his credentials as a player just that he had got set into the defeat mindset after playing under numerous managers all of which were, let's face it, shit.

I think that there is that mentality within the club that goes way back and has had an effect on the players we have since signed - players who have been successful at other clubs.

I agree that it is the managers job to motivate the players and I can see why Ollie is getting the flack, maybe it's deserved. I think though that the players see no stability and find it difficult to engage with a manager as they know he may well not be there next week!

My view is that we cash in on some of the older players (by that I mean in terms of length of service as opposed to age) and let Ollie bring in his own team. I don't think we will go down because, as I say, we are lucky - lucky that there are at least three teams shitter than us.

A while ago I suggested that we should get rid of Kisnorbo because as I saw it, he was an example of a player that has had no success whatsoever at Leicester City. I wasn't doubting his credentials as a player just that he had got set into the defeat mindset after playing under numerous managers all of which were, let's face it, shit.

I think that there is that mentality within the club that goes way back and has had an effect on the players we have since signed - players who have been successful at other clubs.

I agree that it is the managers job to motivate the players and I can see why Ollie is getting the flack, maybe it's deserved. I think though that the players see no stability and find it difficult to engage with a manager as they know he may well not be there next week!

My view is that we cash in on some of the older players (by that I mean in terms of length of service as opposed to age) and let Ollie bring in his own team. I don't think we will go down because, as I say, we are lucky - lucky that there are at least three teams shitter than us.

have you ever asked the players how they feel about Ollie ,if not you should .

I don't know how we would move on the players that we want to get rid of whilst they have fat contracts. The record suggests that we have a half decent defence and i can't see the point of getting rid of players like Kisnorbo and further weakening the squad.

As for letting Holloway bring in his own team - I think not. You invest in success not in failure. Holloway is someone i happen to find irritating; lots of others find him amusing because he communicates at a folksy level. Whichever, he would be about the last person i would give more money to just to throw down the drain.

As for letting Holloway bring in his own team - I think not. You invest in success not in failure. Holloway is someone i happen to find irritating; lots of others find him amusing because he communicates at a folksy level. Whichever, he would be about the last person i would give more money to just to throw down the drain.

Just a reminder that he already has - eleven players have joined us since he took charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Championship

P Pld Pts
1Leicester4697
2Ipswich4696
3Leeds Utd4690
4Southampton4687
5West Brom4675
6Norwich City4673
7Hull City4670
8Middlesbro4669